Americans, do NOT read !

Kernel Fudge

And a big hello! to all of you American cruisers/viewers. :)

As a Brit, I wish to offer my thanks to all of you (predominantly American)who have offered their thoughts and advice regarding the cruise industry, taking a cruise, and indeed, what to do whilst on it.

The Cruise Critic advice and forums have been invaluable to me.

And so, in the next 12 hours I will be booking Sea Princess 31st March 2007 out of Fort Lauderdale for my 25th Anniversary (such a long time to wait!).

As a newbie, the choice of carrier is daunting. But with your help I hope to have made the right choice (I know some will argue, that's fine).

Anyway, thanks again and if you are also on the same trip, say 'hello'. I'll be the one in Bowler hat with umbrella, my wife will be in a dress covered in buttons saying 'Cor! Blimey Gov'nor, ain't it 'ot!'

Enjoy cruising. It sounds superb.

You will feel very much at home on the Sea Princess since its heavily marketed in the UK through P&O. We cruised on her for 14 days this past Dec and about 2/3 of the passengers were from the UK. We did notice that there were some additions to the buffets to better serve British tastes...and much of the entertainers were also from the UK. On our cruise, most of the Brits joined the ship in Barbados where they were flown-in on Thomas Cook charters direct from London.

Hank

we cruised with the brits in europe had a blast witht them,theyre a hoot,hope you enjoy your cruise we will sail next saturday on golden princess and im counting the minutes go by lol:)):rolleyes: this is my first eastern carrib ;)

I was on the Sea last Nov., and, while I enjoyed the cruise, even as an 'Ex Brit I could not understand half of you. Lets put it this way,the two 'Brits' that I understood the easiest, were origionally from Barbados. When Capt. Ward, a Brit. was giving his 'Life boat talk', a loud voice was heard to say 'Don't 'e talk nice'. We could not hear a thing for the next minute!:D Have a great cruise. john

I think all Princess ships have a little bit of a British flavor. It is probably from having British officers. The most obvious thing is the afternoon tea, which I advise everyone to not miss. I found tea time to be just perfect for keeping me going while waiting for my late seating dinner.

That's tea, luv.

25 years! Silver Jubilee

Princess may be a gem. I am addicted to British teas: PG Tips or Typhoo,

dreadful suff on Royal Carib and Norwegian which I usually cruise on, promise

to book my next cruise Princess. I always leave a ton of such for any Brit's on the cruise. My mum is Welsh and I always ask the UK staff why they do not put Wales on the nametags and they told me it was "policy". Well at least I hear Tom Jones was knighted this week! :D

Doc

PS

if you listen to BBC4's Nigel Rees, let me know

Hmm - for Formal nights can you wear an island shirt, shorts and your Bowler? Would look pretty classy! Seriously, you shouldn't need the umbrella - if it rains in Fort Lauderdale it will collapse it anyway. Hope you choose Personal Choice dining - show up anytime you get hungry and get to meet different people every night at dinner. We chose Princess for our first cruise also and are now hooked.

As a Brit, I wish to offer my thanks to all of you (predominantly American)who have offered their thoughts and advice regarding the cruise industry, taking a cruise, and indeed, what to do whilst on it.

And so, in the next 12 hours I will be booking Sea Princess 31st March 2007 out of Fort Lauderdale for my 25th Anniversary (such a long time to wait!).

As a newbie, the choice of carrier is daunting. But with your help I hope to have made the right choice (I know some will argue, that's fine).

Anyway, thanks again and if you are also on the same trip, say 'hello'. I'll be the one in Bowler hat with umbrella, my wife will be in a dress covered in buttons saying 'Cor! Blimey Gov'nor, ain't it 'ot!'

Have a great time! Yep it will probally be mostly americans for you but if you want a more internationial flair take a southern caribbean cruise out of San Juan-we did that once and it was very interesting-not only were there many latinos on ship (it being Puerto Rico) but there were a large enough group of italians that anouncements were made in their language also-every time an anouncement was made it was made in English, Spanish and Italian. Plenty of brits were on that cruise too! The americans were actually in the minority.

Also my alaska cruise was maybe one half american-people were from all over on that cruise-many europeans and brits, but also many orientals on that cruise.

We are hoping to next fall (2007) to take a reposioning cruise from Dover to Boston. We plan to spend a few days in Liverpool before we take a train to Dover to embark for our cuise. So I guess we will be in YOUR "neck of the woods".

I think you'll enjoy Sea Princess. We've sailed her twice and her sister ship Sun Princess once. As stated you probably won't need the brolly, but you can use it to keep the sun off your bowler. We were born in Manchester (go Man U) and out of habit we take an umbrella with us everywhere, old habits die hard.

Have a great time.

Thanks for all of your comments and tips. All booked.

Just 364 days to go !!!:D

So, tomorrow I'd better start packing.......

Archived