Seating for party of 14 on Summit

Alaskaboundfamily

There's no way to put 14 people at any of X's tables, not even trying to squeeze everyone at a table that's supposed to be for 10. Fourteen people at one table is going to be far too crowded and uncomfortable. Take two tables for 8, and that way you'll have lots of extra room.

Are there tables big enough for 14 people in the Summit's main dining room? My travel agent seems to think that even if there are, we're better off splitting into 8 and 6, for example, because we will get better service. Any opinions?

Yes, that is the way to go (2 tables - 8 & 6). There is no table big enough for 14. Ask your travel agent to speak with the Dining Room coordinator to make sure you get 2 tables next to each other. It can be done, so dont worry !

Enjoy your Cruise !

When you get two adjacent tables, check with the maitre'd to be sure the same waiter/assistant waiter team are assigned to both tables. This will make it easier to switch your seating around from night to night. If the two tables are assigned to different teams, the waiters sometimes will worry about who will be leaving tips at each table. A maitre'd can normally be found in the lounge outside the dining room the first afternoon of the cruise to help with changing table assignments.

Last summer, we had a group of 24 (3 tables of eight) on the Summit and there were two wait teams involved. Af first, the waiters weren't happy with us switching tables but they managed to work it out.

Les

Yes, the Captain's table does seat 14, but it's only used on the nights when the captain hosts the table.

Thanks Kitty9 for straightening me out on that. After 56 days on the Summit, and noticing the table more often empty than not, I thought it might be nice for this group to make better use of it. I'm sure the captain wouldn't mind.:confused:

Hi MBMinor,

I am writing to you because I saw your review of Princess vs Celebrity.

I am planning a cruise for myself, my wife, and our 83 yr old parents.

I agree with your assessment of Princess, and although we did not like it, we are seriously considering another cruise with them.

We are not experienced cruisers, and have only been on 2 cruises (Dawn Princess/Carribean, and Holland America/Alaska. (Didn't like Princess, but really enjoyed HAL)

The reason we are considering another Princess (Europe) cruise is that my wife "must stay" in a minisuite type cabin, due to the larger bathrooms and shower over tub) and it is cost prohibitive in Celebrity and HAL, and even RCCL.

My question to you is this.

You mentioned in your review of Golden Princess that the showers are very small. That is really what my wife HATED about the Princess balcony cabin. ("Soap the walls and spin around"). She loved the balcony cabin shower over tub on HAL.

Since you like Celebrity, can you tell me if the balcony cabin bathrooms SHOWERS are much bigger compared to the Princess??

My thought is this. If the showers are bigger in a standard balcony cabin, then we could book a balcony in Celebrity rather than a minisuite on Princess. (Catagory 2a instead of SS)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eric

Eric - There is a very significant difference between the showers on the Celebrity ships and the Golden Princess. I hated the shower on the Golden. It was impossible to bend over and wash your feet without getting yourself out of the shower and flooding the floor. I like your description! On the M class Celebrity ships (I've been on Summit and Constellation) the showers are very large, I would say maybe 50% larger than on the Golden. I think you will he happy with them.

Bruce

Eric - There is a very significant difference between the showers on the Celebrity ships and the Golden Princess. I hated the shower on the Golden. It was impossible to bend over and wash your feet without getting yourself out of the shower and flooding the floor. I like your description! On the M class Celebrity ships (I've been on Summit and Constellation) the showers are very large, I would say maybe 50% larger than on the Golden. I think you will he happy with them.

Bruce

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Is the Millenium an "M" class ship?

SOunds like you are going with friends. Have you considered sending each other champagne baskets etc.....beer, wine??? We just sailed on 3-17-06 and used a service called Just Because of You. It was great. We got beer for about $2.00 a can and champagne for $27 which was in a basket with other goodies...cookies, cheese and crackers, candy.

Ask for Shelley if you call...she is great to work with. She has so many ideas on gifts....robes, beach towels and more. They are far cheaper than the ship's pricing for the same or similar stuff.

Tell her you read it on Cruise Critic from Judi. She will be glad to help you meet your needs.

Bon Voyage,

Judi

Archived