help with itinerary

jdpenny

Hello everyone we are going on a Cruise to Bermuda on May 7th. These boards have been wonderful. I have a tentative itinerary for our time in Bermuda. Could any of you could tell me if my plans are reasonable, if i could fit more in, or if I should move anything around based on location etc... We plan on getting bus passes to get around. Thank you all for your help.

Day One (St George)

Spend the morning sight seeing and shopping around town.

Helmet dive at 4PM

After dinner go out and see some nightlife

Day Two (Hamilton)

Take the bus out to John Smith's Bay for some beach time and I've read there's some rock climbing there

After the beach take the bus to the crystal caves.

Back to the ship for rest then dinner

evening go shopping see the nightlife

Day Three (Kings Wharf)

morning shopping sight seeing

Heydon Trust for the 3pm Gregorian chant

dinner on the beach at coconuts at 7:30PM

Hard to tell for sure, but I think there's a firm possibility of a definite maybe that you're ok. :p

If I knew what time the ship docked and departed each day, I could be a little more definitive in my response. Your seating time for dinner might also be an issue, as you mentioned a helet dive at 4:00 and then going back out for some night life.

I don't know about the bus passes, as I haven't done Bermuda yet. But I have found that you can usually find inexpensive transportation in the dock area at virtually any port. Just a matter of negotiating what you want and need in advance.

Biggest thing is to be sure you don't miss the boat! :eek:

Joe

I don't know about the bus passes, as I haven't done Bermuda yet. But I have found that you can usually find inexpensive transportation in the dock area at virtually any port. Just a matter of negotiating what you want and need in advance.

The bus is by far the most inexpensive way to go and cabs do not negotiate on fares (they use meters provided by the Government). There are the odd "off-license" cabs (usually referred to as "gypsy cabs") but they would still be more expensive than the bus and you won't find them where the cabs are.

I have a tentative itinerary for our time in Bermuda.

You may need to be flexible on when you go to beaches depending on the weather. If it is sunny try to get to the beach as you never know what the weather will be like tomorrow. Also, stores are not open in Hamilton most evenings (I think in the summer they are usually they are open late on Wednesdays and Fridays) but check ahead just in case. You may need to do your Hamilton shopping during the day.

The buses in Bermuda are excellant however they do not bring you everywhere you want to go. I would still get a bus pass because it is the easiest way to pay and not have to worry about exact change etc. However if you want to go to the Heydan trust for the chant -which is wonderful- my memory is that it is quite a ways off the road so it might involve a bit of a hike to get to after the bus lets you off. ALso Fort Scar (spelling?) is right near the trust and offers quite a spectacular view of the inner bay of bermuda.

Finally although John Smith's bay is very nice if this is your first time to Bermuda I would also suggest a trip to one of the south shore beaches- easy to get to by bus from either Hamilton or the Dockyards. They are pretty spectacular and would be on most people's top ten list.

Archived