Booking 'Boogie'????

Robin7

Since y'all do the 'doc dance,' can I do the 'booking boogie'??? I thought our next cruise was at least 18-24 months away, but my husband, who sells software to accountants, got invited to speak about technology at a continuing education seminar for accountants. The seminar just happens to be occurring onboard a cruise ship--the Zaandam!--while she's on her way to Alaska!!!! Imagine my joy! So I'm dancing, even if it IS early!!!

Robin

How wonderful for you. As we all know, the cure for post-cruise depression is booking that next cruise. But when the next cruise is months away, you can't help but have that longing to be back onboard a ship. So your surprise cruise to Alaska is fantastic! Boogie On!!! :D

Happy cruising,

Virginia

Let me get this straight...

Your husband has to go off on a business trip:confused: . And it's on a cruise ship:confused: . To Alaska:confused: . And he wants to take you along:confused: .

Some people live right;) .

Let me get this straight...

Your husband has to go off on a business trip:confused: . And it's on a cruise ship:confused: . To Alaska:confused: . And he wants to take you along:confused: .

Some people live right;) .

Isn't it wonderful???? The only perquisites to having him gone 200+ days a year are the frequent flier miles and the chance I have to go with him occasionally. (I just barely got back from Washington, D.C., where we worked for three days straight and never saw the outside of the hotel but did go in a day early and stay a day late so we could actually see something. In June we're going to Hawaii (Kona) and doing the same thing.) I just can't believe we get to go on a CRUISE on HAL, no less, at company expense!!!!!!

Robin

Robin, you are one lucky lady and I am one jealous one!!! I think the "bookin' boogie" sounds like a great dance! Wow!

I laughed reading your post because there are those who would say that having your husband gone for 200+ days a year is a perk in and of itself;) :D !!!

Years ago friends of ours (a couple) told us that the reason for their spectacular marriage was that he was gone 15 years out of their 30 year marriage. I found out they were right when they divorced as soon as he retired. It's sad, but unfortunately true for some people .... not you!!!:)

Anyway! Enough on that! So your Kona trip is business as well?! Whatta company! Hold on tight to that guy:D !

I'll do a little dance with you!! How wonderful for you to be able to join your husband on one of his many business trips.

We have friends, and the DH travels a great deal (less now that the children have grown :confused: ) I always thought it seemed so glamorous till I realized he was very tired of eating out and she was on her own so much of their married life.

So glad this one is working out in your favour!!

"Booking Boogie" ---I LOVE IT!!!!

Congrats on such good fortune. I think we definitely need to celebrate booking a cruise. I look at it as the beginning of a new adventure. The anticipation of a cruise is also lots of fun!:)

I have nothing booked at the moment, but we're looking.....

Archived