Copenhagen Water Taxi

We are on the Star Princess for her June 14th Baltic cruise (hopefully!), and we have several hours from embarkation to sailaway that we wanted to take advantage of. Several people on the Princess board have suggested the water taxi as a "hop-on, hop-off" way to see some of the sights, but I haven't been able to find any info on it.

Does anyone know where I might find (or have) some info on it, and is it easily accessible from the Freeport Terminal where the Star will be berthed?

Thanks! :)

Does anyone know where I might find (or have) some info on it, and is it easily accessible from the Freeport Terminal where the Star will be berthed?

Thanks! :)

Here is the web site you're looking for http://www.canaltours.dk/DCT/EN/Waterbus

The closest waterbus stop is at the little mermaid statue. This would be too far to walk to from the Star Princess. Also, I am not sure the waterbus would be practical. You'll have to decide what you want to see and do, and check to see if the waterbus will be a good source of transporation. Although the waterbus seems like a good idea for transportation, I don't think it's going to work out. If the waterbus came close to the ship, then it would be a great thing, but unfortunately, it's not. However, I do highly recommend taking a canal tour. The only helpful aspect of the water bus would be to use it to go from Nyhavn harbor to the little mermaid, or vice versa. But if you took the canal tour, say from Nyhavn harbor, then you'd see the little mermaid and all the other sights from the harbor, with the aid of a guide. However, seeing the little mermaid from the canal, you'll only see her back, and the view is best from the shore. If you missed seeing the little mermaid althogether, you probably wouldn't be missing much, but it is a big attraction in Copenhagen. Good luck and have fun.

Thanks Steve for all your great info.

I'm finally getting around to research today:)

Found this site this morning, it may be helpful to above poster.

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/copenhagen/0048010019.html

Steve, I posted to you on the Copenhagen thread. Took me forever to get my 'long' post ready and it went 'poof':mad: :eek: . I didn't have the heart to try to type it all up again. I have lots of questions that I'll ask you later.

Steve, I posted to you on the Copenhagen thread. Took me forever to get my 'long' post ready and it went 'poof':mad: :eek: . I didn't have the heart to try to type it all up again. I have lots of questions that I'll ask you later.

Hi CamelliaCity, I did notice your question on the "Wonderful Copenhagen" board where you asked about the Marriott Hotel. I did reply to that post, and indicated that I loved the Copenhagen Marriott. I highly recommend this hotel.

I read you had a long post, but it dissapeared before it posted. I can fully undertand. That's happened to me several times, and it is ineed disheartening, and frustrating.

I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Steve

We docked in a line of cruise ships last June in Copenhagen and walked to the Little Mermaid , past the Palace and into town. In town we used one of the canal tours. I don't think we would have seen as much without it. Later we walked through town and up to the Tiviol and then took a bus back from the nearby bus station.

There are painted footprints on the pavements which show the way to tourist sights from from the Little Mermaid you follow them in reverse

Incidentally my Mum(83) was Ok with this so I don't think it can have been too strenuous!!

Fern

Hi Fern,

We will be in Copenhagen on the Century in July. Wondering if you can tell us approximately how long it would take to walk from the Little Mermaid to Tivoli. Thanks.

Jan:)

Sorry but it is a bit difficult to telll as we walked Little Mermaid, Palace, then on a water tour before lunch after which we walked to the Tivoli.

I think if you went directly to the Tivoli from the Little Mermaid about an hour to hour and a half.

Copenhagen semed a fairly compact city so we didn't rush from place to place. If you want to go to the Tivoli quickly catch a bus from the Little Mermaid-- I seem to remember a stop there and, there was a tourist office at the dockside.

Hope this helps

Fern

how long it would take to walk from the Little Mermaid to Tivoli.

Jan:)

Copenhagen is compact, and there's so much to see with people watching and shopping between Tivoli and the Little Mermaid. If you are overnighting in Copenhagen, then you might have the leisure time to walk from Tivoli to the Little Mermaid, maybe a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon. But, the Little Mermaid is a little out of the way, along the channel, north of downtown. Simply, if your time is limited, I'd not walk to the Little Mermaid as this would be time better spent in the city, and viewing other attractions. There is a hop on hop off bus, which you could use for visiting the Little Mermaid, or the canal tour which is a must do. However, with the canal tour, you'll only see the back of the statue. Now there is a waterbus which is supposed to stop at the Little Mermaid. That might be the best option if you didn't want to take the canal tour, and yet avoid the walk to the Little Mermaid. Take the waterbus from Nyhavn to the Little Mermaid. Here's a link to the canal tour and water bus site. http://www.canaltours.dk/dct/en Don't get me wrong, I am all about walking, and Copenhagen is best seen by walking, but if your time is limited in the City, then I'd find faster transportation to the statue so that I could spend more time in the city visiting other sights, museums, castles, eating, or just people watching. Copenhagen truly is a wonderful city, have fun.

Steve

Archived