Denrus for one day? Lapland in the Arctic Circle tour?

My friend and I will be in St. Petersburg Sunday and Monday. I have read conflicting reports as to whether Denrus can take us to the Hermitage on Monday so I wasn't sure if it was worth it to take the intro tour with Denrus Sunday and the HAL tour Monday to Catherine's palace and the Hermitage?

We also would appreciate an opinion as to which theater performance we should go to, the Mariinsky or the Mussorgsky through Denrus or HAL?

Anyone gone on the Lapland side tour out of Helsinki with HAL?

Thanks for your help, I have learned an incredible amount from postings on this site.

Well ask a stuipid question....we booked DenRus for both days and I can only surmise by the lack of response that the Lapland day trip from Helsinki is a bust. I have to admit I have my doubts but my traveling buddy is set on it....:( Santa Claus world (ugh) here we come....

My friend and I will be in St. Petersburg Sunday and Monday. I have read conflicting reports as to whether Denrus can take us to the Hermitage on Monday so I wasn't sure if it was worth it to take the intro tour with Denrus Sunday and the HAL tour Monday to Catherine's palace and the Hermitage?

We were there last uear on Sunday and Monday and we did both days with Red October and had a great time. Book both days with Denrus and you will have a great time too! Do not try and split the days between 2 operators.

Do you know anyone who has gone on this Lapland excursion out of Helsinki?

I know a few people who have gone to Lapland to visit “Santa” and they liked it - but they like nearly every excursion they ever did. I wouldn't do it, the journey up there is too long, there's nothing to see except some reindeers and whatever the tour operator offers. Have you been to Alaska (Arctic circle)? The landscape is very similar.

I stayed in Helsinki and had a wonderful day.

Do you know anyone who has gone on this Lapland excursion out of Helsinki?

I noticed last night that this is one of the "1000 places to see before you die," but we're going to skip it anyway. Too long a trip in an action-packed cruise! We intend to spend most of our time in Helsinki at Suomenlinna.

Thank you for all that feedback. I do feel a bit better knowing it's one of the 1000 places you should see before you die!:)

It just gives me a reason to do this itinerary again maybe with the Poland ports next time.

AA

I know a few people who have gone to Lapland to visit “Santa” and they liked it - but they like nearly every excursion they ever did. I wouldn't do it, the journey up there is too long, there's nothing to see except some reindeers and whatever the tour operator offers. Have you been to Alaska (Arctic circle)? The landscape is very similar.

I stayed in Helsinki and had a wonderful day.

No I haven't but I definitely plan on it. So glad to hear some liked it.

I noticed last night that this is one of the "1000 places to see before you die," but we're going to skip it anyway. Too long a trip in an action-packed cruise! We intend to spend most of our time in Helsinki at Suomenlinna.

What is Suomenlinna? When are you cruising? I wish I could find some CC people going on ours. I've really enjoyed these boards, seems like a lot of nice folks of all ages. We are a young 51 and 50. :)

What is Suomenlinna? When are you cruising? I wish I could find some CC people going on ours. I've really enjoyed these boards, seems like a lot of nice folks of all ages. We are a young 51 and 50. :)

It's a fortress in the Helsinki harbor, but very large (it spans, I think, 7 islands). Read about it at http://www.suomenlinna.fi/index.php?lang=eng

WE'll be in Helsinki towards the end of June. Have you checked the Roll Call boards for your cruise?

We will too but on the Amsterdam. We leave June 22nd from Copenhagen. I posted on the roll call but only had one response from someone who was contemplating the same cruise. Perhaps as we get closer more will appear, at least that's what others have said on the slow response to roll call thread. We can only hope....

Love your picture....

We will too but on the Amsterdam. We leave June 22nd from Copenhagen. I posted on the roll call but only had one response from someone who was contemplating the same cruise. Perhaps as we get closer more will appear, at least that's what others have said on the slow response to roll call thread. We can only hope....

Well, the HAL roll calls are usually somewhat sparse. WE've only found one other couple for our cruise also.

Surprisingly, we don't hit any ports on the same day as you do - we'll have to wave as we cruise past each other!:rolleyes:

Archived