2007/08 Itineraries are up on the SB website....

Kate-AHF

There doesn't appear to be much that is new and/or notable except that Haifa, Israel and Jeddah, Saudi Arabia have been added. It looks like the Jeddah stop is for refueling and provisioning only. I can't imagine that the Saudis would ever allow cruise passengers ashore but who knows!?

Yes, pricing is available here in the US from the SB website. Please see my thread "Seabourn 2007 Cruises Available For Booking" for the 2007 and early 2008 cruises that have pricing and can, at least, be booked in the US. Maybe SB needs an extra day or two to convert all those prices into Pound Sterling. :D

Good luck to all my UK SB friends in booking the sailings that you really want. Bon Voyage! :)

Are the prices available yet in the US as here in the UK they aren't?

Kathryn

Kathryn

You need to select US when you go to seabourn.com and you can then see the US prices. If you don't get the choice, you may need to delete the Seabourn cookie from your cookies folder (assuming you're on a PC). Personally, I always tick the box that tells the website not to save my choice.

I spoke to Southampton and they are not loaded here yet. Maybe Monday but i'm not holding my breath as last year it was about a month after the US had them available.

The 07 08 cruises have more new places than it might appear at first glance. Just because they start and end in the same places, they have a lot of changes in between. I love the look of the Med cruises that have all the Dalmatian ports in them--Split, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Rovinj---that is one of the "hottest" new regions for travelers.

For those singles out there. It seems like the 110% rate is pretty much a thing of the past. There are, however, some excellent values and with some pretty nice twists on itineraries. I need to do a bit more looking about, but this is what makes it fun!

Thanks Norm,

Have spoken to our TA since and he said Monday!! So we will wait and see!! Although he said there would not be "A" guarantees available yet so may wait for them to come out! Not really fussy but would prefer midship on BOTTOM deck as I am the worst sailor ever!!!!

Kathryn

Yes, pricing is available here in the US from the SB website. Please see my thread "Seabourn 2007 Cruises Available For Booking" for the 2007 and early 2008 cruises that have pricing and can, at least, be booked in the US. Maybe SB needs an extra day or two to convert all those prices into Pound Sterling. :D

Good luck to all my UK SB friends in booking the sailings that you really want. Bon Voyage! :)

Thanks for your reply, it does seem to be that they need the extra few days to convert!!! I am sure at this early stage we should get what we want??!!

Kathryn

For those singles out there. It seems like the 110% rate is pretty much a thing of the past. There are, however, some excellent values and with some pretty nice twists on itineraries. I need to do a bit more looking about, but this is what makes it fun!

I was told by the onboard cruise consultant last November that the single run-of-ship (ROS) and "A" double guarantee suites are capacity controled (like a few suites in each category) and may not be available for all sailings. As I learned the hard way in '04 and '05, booking a cruise a year in advance will get you a single ROS at the 150% "A" tariff.

Yesterday when the rates became available here in the US, my TA pounced and Seabourn confirmed my single ROS on the Nov. 7, 2007 Legend westbound crossing, Lisbon to FLL at the 125% tariff! :D Maybe some single "early birds" had already booked the allotment of 110% single ROS suites by the time my TA contacted SB. :)

Thank you to PeaSea8ch and the OP for letting us know of the schedules being on the website. We jumped on it this morning - maybe we were 2nd after IAMABOATMAN as we booked the Aug 14 2007, 14 day on Spirit with all the great ports. So far away but time to research and dream. Meanwhile, we have the Norwegian Fjiords from Copenhagen to London to look forward to this late August and then Dubai to Alexandria in April 2007. I have eagerly been awaiting Granny Lorr's reports for this section. I miss hearing from her on CC. I hope she is soon back in 'internet land'.

Again, thank you for the information.

All single ROS and Guarantees (A, A1, A2, etc.) rates are capacity controlled. There are quite a number of 125% and 150% out there. Generally if there are 2 125% on a cruise you are doing well.

But remember you need to look both at that percentage and the normal "discount" or early booking savings. A 150% on a 50% EBS is better than a 125% on a 25% EBS!

Hi folks,

My TA tried this morning to get me a ROS or gty and was informed by the Seabourn rep that if a sailing was a value cruise then there is no Ros or a lower rate Gty. Is that the experience you have had or is this a new change? I guess I have misunderstood various postings in the past as I thought there were further decreases.

Thanks for you helo.

Rebecca

beargal,

By "value cruise" are you talking about the SB marketed "combination cruises for the blue water sailor" that are 2 or more consecutive sailings and offered at 50 percent off the brochure tariffs? However, this no additional discount (over the 50 percent off) information could be burried in the back of the brochure in the "fine print" (I vaguely remember [memory not what it used to be :o ] reading something along this line a couple of years ago) - so you may want to check the brochure.

The ships have become very popular with many sailings selling out and lenghty waitlists to fill any cancellations. That said, the guarantees and single ROS are even getting scarce at the 110 and 125 percent level (there seems to be plenty of 150 percent suites) for the "regular" sailings.

Best of luck booking the sailing you want. Bon voayage! :)

You are sure right that they are very popular! In the 10 minutes this morning between my TA trying to get one of the 2 suites I wanted, calling me back to say not avail, and then calling Seabourn again - all 12 of the A cabins were booked! She was able to get me a GTY and we will continue checking to make sure all the deposits get made on the suites.

Kathryn

I phoned Southampton yesterday and was told that they were not loaded yet but should be ready by today. Just phoned again and am now told they won't be available for booking in the UK for another month!! :eek:

I'm definitely going to have to think about that. There are problems, though. I think Seabourn don't like you booking in the US if you don't have a residence there. (Anyone want to sell me a green card? :) ) I would be affected by currency fluctuations between the time I book and the time I pay the final balance. Also, UK TAs (even very good ones) actually still give discounts and I understand these are not available in the US.

I have spoken to one of the Team Leaders in Southampton who is emailing Miami. I'll wait for an answer.

Norm

We have just had the same response from our TA! Why should we have to wait another month??? I cannot think of a logical reason!

We are going to email Seabourn and ask what the reason is, but to be honest I actually feel offended by their actions.

Kathryn

Hi

i have just tried to be very efficent and book for 2007 and been told by my TA today that in the UK they are not releasing prices/bookings until 1st June!!! which seems somewhat crazy, having never booked a holiday so far in advance i am somewhat bemused, maybe they will take a booking on board?

it does rather make you feel why are we not allowed to book!

deb

Maybe that's why the passengers are predominantly American, ie they get more than a month in advance to book!!! (Kathryn I assume you're talking about bookings after the Transatlantic??) I do sometimes feel that we're treated like second class citizens in the UK !!

Come on all from the UK,Wise up and book your cruises from a US TA.I have had many wonderful cruises that have been booked in the US and One more to follow.

The prices are cheaper and you get what you want when the cruises are released and good service as well.You might even win with the exchange rate.

I know that many posters here book with the same TA who is an expert.

Archived