Discovery - 2004

rotterdam17601

I'd like to hear from anyone who has sailed on Discovery since Dec. 2003. Your comments on the quality of this ships food, entertainment, and the

overall "product" would be appreciated. I'm considering one of her longer cruises next Jan., but can find little in the way of RECENT passenger experience, to help me make a decision. -Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Thinking of doing a discovery cruise to Grand Bahama as a getaway from Florida and my kids to be left with my mom for 2 nights. Any comments or should I fly instead?

My Name is Todd and I'm a Cruiseaholic

Fascination 10/24/98

Paradise 3/2/02

Legend 10/19/02

Booking the Next One Soon!!!

Thinking of doing a discovery cruise to Grand Bahama as a getaway from Florida and my kids to be left with my mom for 2 nights. Any comments or should I fly instead?

No comments on whether you should take it as I know very little about that, but the Discovery that is being discussed here is a different ship and line.

I think DISCOVERY being discussed in this thread is the former ISLAND PRINCESS, run by Discovery World Cruises and marketed by them in the winter and by Voyages of Discovery (name is just a coincidence) during the rest of the year.

The ship you're thinking of which sails to Grand Bahama is the DISCOVERY SUN... If you go, do not expect a traditional cruise, like you'd get from Carnival or any of the other lines normally discussed on this site. Beyond that I can't say much because, as I said, I really don't know that much about it - it's just completely different from the sort of crusies we're accustomed to. That said the ship does have an interesting history if you're into that sort of thing. For more on that see this, an article from an archived version of the now-defunct web site Ferry Voyager. (The article is written by the site's former owner, Bruce Peter, who is a friend of mine and one of the world's foremost experts on Scandinavian passenger ships.)

Archived