best itenerary/ship for the easily bored?

kgymn

I'm looking to book a cruise (on Carnival) for this summer with my boyfriend. I went on the Triumph western itenerary a couple years ago and LOVED it. However, I'm content to get a drink to sip while I relax in the sun with a good book for hours but my boyfriend always needs to be DOING something.

I'm trying to figure out the best ship or itenerary for him to keep him busy and happy. He doesn't drink, so that makes it more difficult.

Any suggestions? I was considering going on Royal caribbean, since they've got more varied activities, but really i just want to go on Carnival again!

~Katy

I'd suggest take a cruise with a lot of ports. This keeps you moving all day long. And for your sea days, there's always tons to do.

If you're looking for a 7 day cruise, here's some options:

Carnival Destiny: 7 Day Southern Carib. - 2 sea days - sailing out of San Juan, PR and going to St. Thomas, Barbados, Dominica & Aruba.

Carnival Miracle: 7 Day Western Carib. - 2 sea days - sailing out of Tampa, FL and going to Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize & Grand Cayman.

Carnival Valor: 7 Day Western Carib. - 2 sea days - sailing out of Miami and going to Belize, Grand Cayman, Roatan Islands & either Costa Maya or Cozumel.

Elation: 7 Day Eastern Carib. - 2 sea days - sailing out of Port Canaveral and going to San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk Island & Half Moon Cay.

Or an 8 Day cruise on the Carnival Liberty: Eastern Carib. - 2 sea days - sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale and going to San Juan, St. Thomas, Tortola, Antigua & Nassau.

You can always check carnival.com for the best itinerary that fits your needs & schedule.

Carnival Miracle I thought has the best itenerary. It is a very nice ship. If he scuba dives,, that was the best diving I have ever done on a cruise ship. Very nice stops. AND VERY WARM WEATHER

Don't know if they still do this itinerary, but the first cruise I took was a 7-day Carnival southern Caribbean out of San Juan. We did seven ports in seven days - no sea days at all. It was great!

If you cruise from most anywhere else, there is some distance to cover, but from San Jua, there is a continuous chain of islands all the way to Venezuela. You are always within a day's cruise to the next island.

So, I would search for cruises out of San Juan, and see what is available.

I'm trying to figure out the best ship or itenerary for him to keep him busy and happy.

I just came off the Valor, with 4 ports and all the activites onboard, theres no time to get bored. Caymans, Isla Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya.

All fun ports. check into it.

Fred

Thanks everyone! I think we'll probably go on one with more port days. ANy suggestions for what to do on board? Last time i went I spent most of my days sunbathing and my nights in the disco, I can see my boyfriend getting easily bored by this though! I guess I didn't explore too much last time LOL

~Katy

Archived