<<alternative Dinning>>??????????

cle1

Almost always we eat dinner in the main dinning room, but on our last Celebrity cruise, I was not feeling well, and finally decided not to go to dinner. Since I was not going, my husband decided to go by himself upstairs to the Alternative dinning at the Waterfall Cafe on the Summit. First, he had to make a reservation in advance, then after he arrived had to wait about 20 minutes to order. It was by no means crowded, and the selections were limited. When he finally got his meal, it was not at all up to Celebrity's normal dinners. Was this just a bad experience, or is it the norm???

We did the alternative dining on the Infinity last June and there was four of us and had a great time. The food was excellent, wait staff was good, really had no problems. So maybe it was just a down day for your DH. Sorry that that happened to him.

Marilyn

We went to the alternative dining room aboard Horizon almost exactly a year ago. My wife had a serious leg injury from ziplining that day and we barely made it to the ship in time before it left Costa Rica. After receiving alot of medical treatment from the ship's doctor, Main Seating at the dining room was already well underway. Our butler took care of making a last minute reservation at the alternative dining room. He told us that many of the waiters were in training there. That may explain why our service was slow despite the fact that the dining room was not busy at all. The food was fine, but we still preferred the main, formal dining room.

Our alternative dining experience on both the Summit and Infinity were really wonderful. The restaurant was quiet, service good, and food also tasty, but not like the main dining room selections. And you can get a nice table by the window by request.

However, on the Mercury, our experience was much like the OP's issues.

We will surely try alternative a few times on our Sept. voyage on the Connie, and I hope it is as good as the Summit and Infinity.

Archived