Just got the call from Carnival about the switch..

Renee10

They just informed us that the Fantasy and Sensation would switch so we will be taking the Fantasy for our 4-10 cruise. I'm sure it will take a long time to call all of their guests. Since I visit these boards regularly, that's OLD news! Ha!

Posted here in a dozen or more places...the Sensation has propulsion problems, the Fantasy does a shorter Bahamas route that does not require speed and distance needed by the Grand Turk route.

The logical solution, fix the problem, but apparently not happening soon, so the second best, switch ships!

The logical solution, fix the problem, but apparently not happening soon, so the second best, switch ships!

Logical would be to cancel any cruises necessary and fix it, but then they'd have people calling and screaming that they "ruined their vacations." By dropping it to a shorter itinerary where it is in a port for 24 hours (Nassau), they can effect repairs on the propulsion system and get it back to its original courses.

Sorry, Carnival did similar to this last year on one of theirs, and other cruise lines do it as well. They all have the right to change an itinerary or switch out a ship with no notice. It's in their Terms & Conditions (which almost none of us read.. in that little fine print in the ticket packets we get LOL!).

The ships are the same layout, and the itineraries are being maintained. All that's changed are the ship names. It's like you rented a blue mid-sized car and when you got there all they had was a red one. It's still a mid-sized car, it's still the same cost to rent it, it's just not blue. Does it really matter?

That would seem like the logic call solution, but fixing the ship would require taking the ship out of service for two weeks.

It seems no matter what Carnival does in this situation people are not going to be happy. I hope they fix all the other issues other than the propulsion system soon so those that are switched on the Sensation can have a good cruise.

Logical would be to cancel any cruises necessary and fix it, but then they'd have people calling and screaming that they "ruined their vacations." By dropping it to a shorter itinerary where it is in a port for 24 hours (Nassau), they can effect repairs on the propulsion system and get it back to its original courses.

I spoke with a VP at Carnival and he told me that fixing the ship would require taking it out of service for two weeks.

I just got a call from Carnival too. Recorded message told me my 4/6 sailing had been changed to Fantasy. Only problem is I am on the 10th sailing!!!

Becky

Becky,

All sailings from April 6th on have been changed.

Sorry, Carnival did similar to this last year on one of theirs, and other cruise lines do it as well. They all have the right to change an itinerary or switch out a ship with no notice. It's in their Terms & Conditions (which almost none of us read.. in that little fine print in the ticket packets we get LOL!).

The ships are the same layout, and the itineraries are being maintained. All that's changed are the ship names. It's like you rented a blue mid-sized car and when you got there all they had was a red one. It's still a mid-sized car, it's still the same cost to rent it, it's just not blue. Does it really matter?

I wish the senario was a simple as your rental car example.

However, if you know the red car has documented problems on its last rental, and you are not assured that they will be fixed before you take prosession of it, will you still be as open minded about it?

I know if I was a Sensation passenger and was told I will have a better ship than the one I was supposed to board, I would be very happy. Hey! I got an "upgrade".

If I was on the Fantasy and was told that I will be sent to the Sensation, I will effectively get a "downgrade".

When was the last time someone on the board cheered about a downgrade?

Will someone inform me why you are referring to a "downgrade?" The ships are the same...

They're referring to it as a "downgrade" because the Sensation has been having problems. The Sensation is not in as good a condition as the Fantasy.

We got the same message stating our cruise on 4/6 has been changed to the Fantasy. We sail on 4/10 also. Will check with TA tomorrow. I am sure it was just a mix up. However hate for that mix up to carry over into next Monday.

It is not a mix up your cruise has been changed to fantasy. You will not be on Sensation.

Same message here. I'm sailing with you on the 10th ( LOL... we all hope!)Called carnival and they cant tell me ANYTHING...Says they cant even pull up my booking. GREAT NEWS 8 days out! Well, if we are on roll and have our luggage on the 10th.. You will know who I am..I will be the happiest person on the ship! I know we are all going to have a GREAT TIME... Cant wait. Enjoy your cruise!

It is not a mix up your cruise has been changed to fantasy. You will not be on Sensation.

We understand that our cruise has been changed to the fantasy. The mix up comes in our cruise is supposed to be five nights leaving 4/10, however the message left by Carnival states we are on the 4 night leaving 4/6.

Archived