Just off the Visions of the Seas (short, cause the ground is moving!!!)

Home at last, but did not want to go, Having withdrawls already!!! Getting on the Ship was kinda slow, didn't get on till around 12pm. Room was ready. We had 6 in our family and had the Family Ocean View room. It was perfect size. The kids fought over who was getting the bunks, Older girls won! Room Steward was great, Bartender were all great, ( if you go see Sanjay at the pool bar, tell him I said Hi, He will take care of you. He was the Best.) Ship was clean. They were changing out the rooms(upgrades) new curtains, chairs, couches, etc. Looked pretty good from what I saw. Wind Jammer food, well you know, OK, Dining room OK. Capt. George GREAT. He was soooo informative. Didn't see or hear too much from CD John Blair. I was not too impressed, I had Richard Spacy on our last cruise, and I guess I was expecting someone like him. Mexico was beautiful weather. It was quite windy on our last two days at sea. HAD A GREAT TIME. I will post Pics when the ground stops moving. For now Happy cruising!!

What time did you get to the pier to get on by noon? Our flight gets in at 9:30am to LAX and plan on going straight to the ship but don't want to sit (stand)in the terminal for too long.

I only have 20 days left!!!

We arrived around 10:00am. We were in line getting our seapasses about 10:15-10:30, then sat in the lounge til about 12pm. It was not too bad, time seemed to go by quick. Like I said, we were on the ship by 12:15- 12:30. and our room was ready when we got on. It was the first thing we check out and dropped off our carry ons.

Hi, thanks for the info on Vision. We set sail on Easter Sunday. Can you tell me if they have a basketball hoop? I was also curious if teens (ages 15 & 16) can utilize the gym without an adult present.

You mentioned they were changing out some of the rooms; do you know what decks have been done or they are working on? We are on deck 8.

JP

Hi, thanks for the info on Vision. We set sail on Easter Sunday. Can you tell me if they have a basketball hoop? I was also curious if teens (ages 15 & 16) can utilize the gym without an adult present.

You mentioned they were changing out some of the rooms; do you know what decks have been done or they are working on? We are on deck 8.

JP

No, I did not see a Basketball hoop. You might want to check with RCI about the gym, not sure about that.

The rooms they were changing, that I know of were on Deck 2. THey had a lot of new furniture and drapery and other things stored in the conference rooms. SO, I believe that a lot or all of the cabins will be replaced. The only drawback to this was, they were working on them while we were crusing. Work started as early as 7am, and banging and screw gun noise woke us up all week! Guess thats just the price you pay for updates!!! Still a great time. The staff were the best! Have fun

I was on the Vision the week before, it was wonderful. We got on the ship about 12:00, we were about the third or fourth family on. The departure was a few hours late due to a surprise Coast Guard inspection which the Vision did scored well.

I found John Blair the cruise director refreshing, he was not full of himself and his wife delightful. Our prior cruise was with Becky Thompson, who was very high energy so I was ready for a change. The west side of Mexico was very different the carribean, I found water cold, although the weather was wonderful.

Captain George was very passenger focused he turned the ship around to view whales . When we exited Cabo he turned the ship so we got an excellent view of the harbor.

Lastly, we had a grey ticket, the second group to get off, we did not clear customs until after 9:30 am. In my opinion a 9:30 flight would be very difficult to get considering the taxi ride and clearing security. We had a wonderful cruise, and hope you do to.

We were on deck 8, there was no rooms being updated on that floor. We found on the 8th floor it sounded like we were under the running track which in fact is on the 10th floor. The carpets where new, but the room was not redone recently. Our room was several doors down from the internet cafe a Junior Suite.

Archived