Upgrades after booking a specific cabin?

cheekie

I got an upgrade 2 years ago from an assigned cabin. We saw that the price had dropped and called our TA who then got us an upgrade from inside to outside. It may involve more work to get an upgrade, but it is possible.

~Katy

I had an assigned cabin on the Liberty 7/30 cruise and upgraded very easily by calling my TA. I was actually able to pay for one upgrade and then get upgraded 4 classes for "free". I did it all with a 10 minute phone call.

Has anyone booked a specific cabin, then get upgraded? Or is it just the people that book guarantees that get the random upgrades?

cheekie,

I always book a specific cabin, DH has heart problems :( and is restricted in his mobility. Therefore we need to be near the dining room and buffets.

Before this problem began I booked a guarantee balcony and usually got upgraded. :D We never have had a 'bad' cabin, not even deep down in the bowels :eek: of the Mardi Gras inside, on our first cruise. We were young then........sigh....

Luv's Crusin'

Has anyone booked a specific cabin, then get upgraded? Or is it just the people that book guarantees that get the random upgrades?

Usually, the 'guarantee' bookings get the upgrades. I always book a specific cabin, because that's where I want to be. I think that, before upgrading an assigned cabin, they call and ask if that would be acceptable. I would be very upset if I found that I was upgraded without my consent.:(

Usually, the 'guarantee' bookings get the upgrades. I always book a specific cabin, because that's where I want to be. I think that, before upgrading an assigned cabin, they call and ask if that would be acceptable. I would be very upset if I found that I was upgraded without my consent.:(

I agree about asking for consent first, Cotton.

Although, when we booked our upcoming cruise we knew we wanted a balcony and we were just going to book a guarantee. We've been on the empress deck the past two years and I've loved it.:) But our PVP told us that with past cruiser discount we would be on the Verandah Deck so we might as well just pick a cabin. I did send him an email and told him that if Carnival wanted to upgrade us though I wouldn't be unhappy.;) Website still shows "chosen" cabin, but anything can happen. I just know I'll be on a cruise, so I'm happy!!

20 days to go and still waiting for docs.

It happened to us, we had booked a specific cabin on the glory and I just found out we were ugraded to a suite! Life is sweet! :)

Ahhh... SO it can happen! ;) Thank you for letting me know.

I love the cabin we chose ( Verandah deck balcony mid ship) but.. ya know.... if they threw us in a suite,,, I won't be too upset! lol

Gotta love those people who say "it doesn't happen". This basically translates to "it hasn't happened to them".

IT DOES HAPPEN....It might be rare but it happens.

We booked 2 specific cabins side by side for our upcoming cruise. Cat. 6B. My TA called me and said Carnival would like to upgrade you to a balcony Cat. 8A would you be interested. They had upgraded us to two balcony cabins side by side so of course we took it!

So to answer your question, yes it does happen.

Tam

We previously booked cabin 8285 balcony, on the verandah deck. My booking showed GTY. Evidently carnival made a mistake. Was then assigned 8360,still on verandah, but under the lido buffet! Not real happy about this, but 8285 was no longer available. Can switch it to lido deck. What would you do?

Call Carnival back and tell them that you didn't select that room they moved you to and that you want your original room back or they can upgrade you to a mini-suite or higher! If you are polite but firm, you will be amazed at what you'll get.

It happened to us, we had booked a specific cabin on the glory and I just found out we were ugraded to a suite! Life is sweet! :)

It happened to me too.... this same cruise (4/22 Glory). Went from a category 8A Balcony to a category 11 suite!

It happened to me too.... this same cruise (4/22 Glory). Went from a category 8A Balcony to a category 11 suite!

When did you find out about the upgrade? When you got your Docs? Or upon arrival?

;)

Ok...tried the " gift" thing where you can see your cabin number...and... last time ( few wks ago) when I ordered stuff it showed my cabin number... now it shows nothing!

lol... I hope that's not a DOWNgrade! lol

Ok...tried the " gift" thing where you can see your cabin number...and... last time ( few wks ago) when I ordered stuff it showed my cabin number... now it shows nothing!

Damn! the same thing happened to me!!

lol... Well, you cruise the week before me... so... Let me know what happens! lol

Ok i figured it out;

sign into carnival.com, click on 'complete fun pass' (even though you have already completed it). it will say that you are all set, but will open a new window anyway. then in that windo click on gifts. your room number will be in the adrs bar at the top.

there was a post on here about a week ago and someone knew a different way to get the room info..

hopefully they will chime in...

I hope my cruise isn't all 8 year olds... I haven't found anyone yet who is going on the same one.

hmmm.. I have seen a few "posters" with that sail date... Have you checked Roll Call? Ours has been going pretty good so far!

Archived