No More Cruises

CherieB

You are at the mercy of the cruise line, yes they can 'screw' ya & there is not a thing you can do about it. I paid big buck to go on Princess, yes was a very nice trip, they even gave me a whole 25 bucks for missing one of the stops. The Sensation, omg, never again. When my husband won't eat the food, it has to be bad. We gained weight by eating Dramamine. Walking through the dining room with food and about fall on people sitting! They released all 2000 of us at one time to hunt luggage & wait in LONG/HOT lines to board one of the 3 buses taking people back to the parking garage in NO. Carnival needs to get their act together! But they needed to get us off there so they could clean up for the next 2000 payers. The pools were empty 2 1/2 days of the 5. Empty when you get on, filled next day at sea. Drained at about 2 pm the day before you come back so they can clean them. I guess I need to learn to fly so I can go sit on a beach for a week instead of on a ship in the middle of the ocean with nothing to do but drink (the beer & mudslides I took in my luggage). CRUISING ISN'T FOR EVERYONE!

I have read what the OP wrote maybe four or five times. I get the idea that she is not happy but I cannot figure out what specifically she is complaining about.

OK while I get the OP posted a long time after cruising they do have as much right to come here and complain as others who love the various lines and think they can do no wrong. A complaint can be valid and no line is perfect. I would hate for people to only want to come here who had a wonderful experience, that would be as valid as the people who post it was all horrible.

Did you see CherieB's previous posts? Doesn't sound as horrible as she posted in this thread.:rolleyes:

I booked the OV / Riveria two weeks ago on the Sensation, loved it! To sit at night (day also) with the lights out an watch the waves breaking right beside the window, was awesome. Some RUDE lady in the elevator says 'oh the basement' ..... I let her know I loved it in the 'basement', I wouldn't have accepted an upgrade

We were on the Sensation to Cozumel / PDC 5/05........ be sure to take sea sick meds, we had alot of rocking, take one every morn just because :D We did not enjoy the buffet foods, dress for the dining room. I think gofoacruise will eat anything LOL but there were some goooood cakes:D The pools were empty the first night, they filled them the next morn at sea. The last night they emptied the pools at 4 pm. The slot machines ate all my money, I did see some win a couple hundred $$$. For over 2k people on a ship, made you wonder where everyone was, appeared empty at times. Didn't see alot of 'chair hogs', were plenty of chairs everywhere. Yes, the windows were hard to see out of by the time we got back to NO. We were mid Riveria deck, loved it down on the water. Sit at night with the lights out and watch the waves break outside the window. We did take some alcohol & couple 2 liters of soda in our checked bags, helped cut down on bar tabs. Was a nice cruise. Have a safe trip

I cannot figure out what specifically she is complaining about.

I don't think you're the only one. :rolleyes:

Perhaps they couldn't get seconds on the Dramamine.

Thanks for your delayed review!

Just so you know here are a few other things that can screw you too!

Friends

Family

Airlines

Bus lines

Train lines

Hotels

Motels

Restaurants

IRS

can I go on? Sure I could go all day, but I think you get my point:)

Maybe you should get to that island... Oh but wait, Mother Nature can screw you too!

Best of luck !

OK while I get the OP posted a long time after cruising they do have as much right to come here and complain as others who love the various lines and think they can do no wrong.

I agree, Nliedel. However, the OP's post now makes me wonder what happened in the 11 months on land to take the OP's Sensation cruise in May05 from it 'was a nice cruise' to Apr06 where the cruise now rates the 'OMG' status:confused: :confused:

It's just so random a post. I don't wonder enough though to want to hear from CherieB again.

Something just doesn't add up to me. The writing style seems a bit different than it was a year ago. It's almost like someone other than the real CherieB was able to log on, due to cookies, and make this post.

Something just doesn't add up to me. The writing style seems a bit different than it was a year ago. It's almost like someone other than the real CherieB was able to log on, due to cookies, and make this post.

After consuming all that Dramamine (and subsequent weight gain due to said Dramamine) I find it highly unlikely that CherieB lost her cookies...JMO.

After consuming all that Dramamine (and subsequent weight gain due to said Dramamine) I find it highly unlikely that CherieB lost her cookies...JMO.

I don't know if you were trying to be funny or not but your post sure made me laugh!:D

Hi CheriB. Sounds like it was no fun on that Carnival cruise, and you didn't mention which Princess ship you were on, but it has been my experience that Carnival does the WORST job of "people handling", (or people flow - whatever they call it) of all the cruise lines I have been on. (never been on Princess - but have been on Carnival (never again), HAL, RCCL, Celebrity & NCL.)

(just a side note, we actually had one GREAT and the absolute WORST experience on a Carnival ship ... In 1992 we went on the short cruise on the Fantasy - which turned into a 6 night cruise due to being caught in Hurricane Andrew. We were so impressed with the crew and officers of the ship that we felt 100% confident that they were going to get us home safe. 6 years later we booked a family reunion Thanksgiving cruise with Carnival and it was a disaster!!!!)

You might want to try a mid-size ship, rather than the megaships ... you might enjoy the experience more. I found that on most of our cruises - somehow the crew was able to make me feel like I was the most important person on board .. and whatever I wanted wasn't a problem for them, and that they were there just to make me happy!!

Like some others have said .. cruises are not for everyone ... but if you enjoyed the Princess cruise, I really think you should try again.

Charbie

maybe you received $25 because it was the way you went about it or your "attitude". i went on the elation in feb, 2006 and it was not good. i had specific names, instances, etc. i wrote a tactful letter to carnival regarding this and lo and behold, i have a $200 onboard credit for my conquest trip of 4/16/06.

cruising isn't for everybody...i just wish the complainers like you would get off the ship sooner instead of continuing to cruise and make everyone else's life miserable.

thanks for deciding you no longer want to cruise....it is one less "griper" i have to worry about when i am having a wonderful time on my "cruise".

Cruising is not for the OP. Actually unless you are a flexible person who enjoys new experiences travel may not be for you. In general travel is something that you need to take with a grain of salt. You are at the mercy of others. If you want guarantees stay home and vacation in your backyard. I am not being mean, just honest.

If you want guarantees stay home and vacation in your backyard.

I love it!

If you hate being at the "mercy" of the cruise lines, I can't wait to hear of your "wonderful" experience with the airlines. We were delayed for 9 hours sitting in an airport and our family didn't get "jack" for our inconvenience.

Thank goodness it was on the way back from our cruise (which was just as wonderful as the previous 21).

Or better yet. Board the plane in Miami, only to leave the gate to then sit on the tarmac for 2+ hours because of weather at O'Hare. (No mention of said delays at check in, so the possibility of changing flights and routes were not an option). Arrive at O'Hare an hour after your connecting flight has left for home and learn that there are no more flights open that night and that you have been re-booked for the next morning. Then find out that the airlines no longer provide lodging for people in this position but have provided a "Distressed Traveler" discount ($70) at a not so local hotel.

Fortunately, ours too was on the way home from a wonderful cruise, so big whoop. Just makes for a funny story. :D

As to the OP, I don't get it. Sure seem like they had a good time at the time of their trip. Why the Trolling now, and why hasn't he/she been back? Hmm. Inquiring minds want to know. ;) :D

Whatever crawled up their behinds, the troll is posting on another board as CherieS. Same exact wording, everything the same. No originality these days, not even a name change:confused:. And I sincerely hope they are done cruising, because I sure don't want to meet up with anyone that miserable while I am on vacation.

Jess

i have been on 10 cruises with the one last month being the worse...it happens to be on carnival....i think in all fairness to carnival, i will give them a second chance so i will be cruising conquest in 13 days.

if noone got a second chance in life when they made a mistake, what an interesting world this would be.

in reality, a business is not run making 100% of the people happy....its goal is to all happy but in reality a large % will be more realistic.

if you are so miserable, maybe you can do an all-inclusive to your favorite island or possibly a trip to washington dc where you can see the freedoms of america and know that because of all of these symbols, we live in america and have the right to gripe.

i will think about you when i board in 13 days knowing that i have one less griper to deal with.

yee-ha!

I wished you had warned me earlier. Now I am in the penalty period and wouldn't get any of my money back, crap. Guess I will have to go on the cruise anyway. At least I will lose a few pounds from not having to eat the horrible food.

Try to make the best of it--stay strong; I'm pullin' for ya. Just make sure to come back to the boards and complain about the rough time you had.

if you are so miserable, maybe you can do an all-inclusive to your favorite island or possibly a trip to washington dc where you can see the freedoms of america and know that because of all of these symbols, we live in america and have the right to gripe.

AMEN (and because I live in America, I have the religious freedom to say that). I'll go one further. How about you also go to Ground Zero and realize that your vacation may have sucked, but at least you get to go on vacation.

I <3 the USA

Kudos to you shallwechat

well thank you! if having a bad day on a cruise is the worse that happens to me in life, i think i will be able to say i lived my life to the fullest and had a good many years!

so to all the cruisin' whiners in this world, i salute you for you are entitled to your american opinion.......and i have one simple request....don't sail the conquest 4/16/06.

to all the rest of you cruisin' non-whiners, i will drink one for you come 4/16/06. may all of our cruisin' memories be happy ones!

Archived