Lauderdale by the Sea n Beach

hlfdzn

I just booked reservations here in case I can't get something better on Priceline closer to my date. I don't sail until next January, but the Amerisuites say they are booked solid, both of them, and several other hotels have no availability. I thought I best get some rooms booked before I end up paying more than I want or staying in a dump. This is just for pre-cruise, but I thought the kids would enjoy sticking their toes in at the beach. Breakfast is sort of included ( $20 a day at Dennys per room) and it was only $109. My travel dates are jan 27-29 2007 and we sail on the 29th.

Please, has anyone stayed here before? Is it really intolerable? I have not seen much about it on these boards. I spent lots of time searching before I posted this question. Thanks, Melissa

We enjoyed a 3 day pre cruise stay there in October 05. Actually we flew in two days before Hurricane Wilma hit the area. The first two days were great. There are some nice stores and restuaruants in that town. Be sure to take the water taxi, it is a great bargain and a good way to see so many beautiful sights. We really enjoyed that. We stayed at the Shore Haven right on A1A. It is a mom and pop type of motel, the rooms were clean and it was a great location. We were supposed to check out on Monday but that is the day Wilma hit. We spent nearly an entire day in the motel, no power, no running water and just had some beer and junk food. By 3PM when the storm subsided we ventured outside and what we saw made us sad. There was so much damage and so many people displaced because of the storm. We found a convenience store that was opened that evening, thanks to a power generator, and they were selling pre-made salami and cheese sandwiches on wheat bread. We happily purchased two and we were able to buy two bottles of water. We were pretty darn hungry and those sandwiches tasted great. Back at the hotel we sat on the balcony and just looked at the stars since the power was still out. We also had to get water from the pool when you wanted to flush the toilet. As you can see our final day in Luaderdale by the Sea was a rough one but we have some great stories to tell. We can't wait to go back there, it is a wonderful area and I think you'll like it.

I am a goof..I was pretty wired and tired by the time I posted that message last night and forgot to list the hotel's name. It is the Lauderdale by the Sea N Beach HOLIDAY INN. It looked good and I was really surprised the rate was so low when everything else is so high. I have those reservations in case I cannot get anything cheaper on priceline. I am a priceline believer and frequently watch the bidding boards to see what people are getting. I have my eye on the renaissance, but have never been dissapointed yet. If that does not work out then we will stay with this hotel since it sounds good. We are not overly picky, but clean is good and I would rather not spend over $200 a night if I don't have to....would rather spend that money on something fun! The best I ever did on Priceline was the Tampa Hyatt for $44 one night pre-cruise and there were 4 of us, so it only cost $11 each!!!! I was very pleased with that! We were put on the Hyatt Gold card floor and had great service! Anyway....thanks for the replies!! It helps knowing I am not dragging my husbands whole family into some dump. Melissa

But it looks like we are going to switch the cruise date anyway and possibly the whole thing. I had no idea when I booked this that the super bowl was the weekend we get off the ship and it is in Miami. I don't feel like fighting the crowds with my 82 yr old in laws, or fighting for a rental car, or getting raped by the hotel industry for a $333 econo lodge. I am not a sports fan and do not have any reason to be down there for all that hype. It looks like we are moving to a 7 day over Xmas break so the kids won't miss school. I am sure I will have questions then about the ports we are sailing out of. Thanks again. Melissa

Archived