DoubletreeSurfcomber and transportation

Honeychild

We are arriving in Miami the day before cruise and are booked at Doubletree Surfcomber. I need advise about whether to rent a car for the day or just use a cab. Also, would like some suggestion on what to do and what not to miss during my 24 hours in Miami.

We are arriving in Miami the day before cruise and are booked at Doubletree Surfcomber. I need advise about whether to rent a car for the day or just use a cab. Also, would like some suggestion on what to do and what not to miss during my 24 hours in Miami.

I love the Doubletree Surfcomber! It is one of my favorite hotels in Miami!

Renting a car would be cheaper but parking will cost you around $20 and can be a PIA. I would just take a cab from the airport (around $30) because everything in South Beach is within walking distance of each other.

Go to The Delano and have mojitos by the pool bar. Great place to watch for celebrities.

Walk Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road Mall.

Do you like to people watch? South Beach is fantastic people watching.

Cab to the port should take no longer than 10-15 minutes and about the same dollar wise.

I heard that parking is expensive in the South Beach area. Didn't know if there would be places to shop and eat within walking distance. My DH and I are both people watchers, so this should be good for us both.

Thanks again.

mojitos are a cool crisp refreshing drink made with; key limes, mint, simple sugar, white rum, and lots of crushed ice topped with mint. Oh my!

Just a slight heads up, you will see lots of topless sunbathing on South Beach especially in front of Lummus Park and thongs are common so I hope that isn't a problem for your teenager.

My teenagers weren't shocked and didn't gawk because I gave them a heads up and explained that it wasn't a sexual thing but just a different way.

My suggestion with a teenager would be lunch at News Cafe on Ocean Drive and people watch and then shopping at Lincoln Road Mall which is an outdoor pedestrian mall with tons of shopping and dining.

They'll love South Beach.

Thanks for the info. We are looking forward to our time at the Doubletree Surfcomber before we head out to the Western Caribbean. Thanks for the heads up with the teens. Info is always helpful.:)

Southwardbound,

Are you cruising any time soon? If you would, come back and let me know how you like South Beach area, Surfcomber and what you liked/disliked. Also, are you planning on renting a car or using a taxi?

Honeychild,

Yes, we are cruising soon. I would be happy to let you know my thoughts afterwards about the Doubletree. We are taking a taxi from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port. There is a group of us and that was a group decision based on time, money and convenience. This is a first time experience for most of us and we just wanted to keep it simple.:)

Honeychild,

Yes, we are cruising soon. I would be happy to let you know my thoughts afterwards about the Doubletree. We are taking a taxi from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port. There is a group of us and that was a group decision based on time, money and convenience. This is a first time experience for most of us and we just wanted to keep it simple.:)

You are very smart.

Archived