To Everyone Who Disliked The Lirica!

mdelacono

I Am So Tired Of Reading The Negative Comments!

The Food In The Dining Room Was Wonderful.

I Found The Drink Specials Great.

The Room Was Spotless Every Day, With Plenty Of Bottled Water And A Replenished Fruit Bowl .

I Did Not Pay For Icecream At The Pool.

I Had Gnocci (yes, I Know What They Are) Not Barilla .

The Chef Prepared Things For Us That Weren't On The Menu.

So The Shower Is Small..........i Went In Washed, And Got Out!

I Am Going On Another 17 Day Cruise May 3, 06 And Can't Wait!!!

I Can't Find A Single Negative Thing To Say!

We are so glad that you had such a great cruise and can't find a single negative thing to say. We can only say that we like the Lirica overall but found some things that were not equal to the other cruise lines we have cruised. Thus, we thought we would express and/or post our Lirica experience. It sure seems odd that you just started posting on this board within the past few days. But, welcome to this board. We value you experiences, too. In response to your posting we will add our comments/experiences on our 2006 Lirica Caribbean cruise. We are using CAPS not as shouting, but to show our comments.

I Am So Tired Of Reading The Negative Comments! WE DO NOT BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE ELSE'S EXPERIENCES ARE NEGATIVE COMMENTS IF THEY WERE NOT SATISFIED WITH THEIR CRUISE. WE ASSUME THAT THEY ARE JUST POSTING THEIR EXPERIENCES AND THEIR OPINIONS.

The Food In The Dining Room Was Wonderful. OPINIONS ARE VERY VARIED ON FOOD. WHAT IS WONDERFUL, EXCELLENT, GOOD, POOR, VERY POOR, ETC? FOOD IS VERY SUBJECTIVE.

I Found The Drink Specials Great. YES, THE $4.00 HAPPY HOUR DRINKS WERE GREAT.

The Room Was Spotless Every Day, With Plenty Of Bottled Water And A Replenished Fruit Bowl . YES, EXCELLENT IN CLEANLINESS! SIZE SOMEWHAT SMALL FOR AN INSIDE/OUTSIDE UNLESS YOU ARE IN A SUITE.

I Did Not Pay For Icecream At The Pool. APPARENTLY THEY CHARGE NOW ON THE POOL DECK FOR SOFT ICE CREAM. VERY UNUSUAL ON ANY CRUISE SHIP TO CHARGE FOR SOFT ICE CREAM.

I Had Gnocci (yes, I Know What They Are) Not Barilla . OK

The Chef Prepared Things For Us That Weren't On The Menu. THIS I THINK IS SOMETHING THAT SHOULD NOT BE HONORED. IF THIS IS DONE FOR ALL THE PASSENGERS, WHY HAVE A MENU? IF THEY HAVE THE TIME TO HONOR EVERY REQUEST, THAT MAY BE THE PROBLEM WITH THE MENU FOOD BEING POOR. ONE WOULD ASSUME THAT WHAT IS ON THE MENU IS WHAT SHOULD BE AS GOOD AS THE SPECIAL REQUESTS. HOWEVER, THAT IS NOT TRUE. ONE MUST ASK FOR SPECIAL MEALS OR SPECIAL CUTS.

So The Shower Is Small..........i Went In Washed, And Got Out! I ASSUME WE ALL DO WASH IN THE SHOWER AND GET OUT. BUT, DON'T TURN AROUND IN IT. SOME PEOPLE CANNOT EVEN FIT IN THE SHOWER. THEY ARE THE SMALLEST SHOWERS WE HAVE EVER SEEN ON ANY CRUISE LINE.

REMEMBER, THAT YOU WERE ON A TRANSATLANTIC CRUISE AND MANY PEOPLE ARE EXPRESSING DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CARIBBEAN CRUISES' FOOD.

I Am Going On Another 17 Day Cruise May 3, 06 And Can't Wait!!! HAVE FUN.

HAPPY CRUISING!

To each, his own, I guess!

But why would the food on the Lirica be great for a transatlantic cruise, and not the Caribbean?

I just started posting a few days ago because I didn't know about the web site. A friend told me about it, she is taking this cruise again, also.

Let's face it some people just like to find fault. it is a smallish ship, with smallish cabins. Iguess it didn't bother me.

To each, his own, I guess! TRUE, NOT ALL EXPERIENCES ARE POSITIVE OR MEETS/EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS. WE WERE ON THE SAME SHIP ON THE FIRST CRUISE (11 DAYS) AND CONTINUED ON THE SAME SHIP FOR AN ADDITIONAL 7 DAYS. THE FOOD ON THE FIRST PART WAS EXCELLENT, THEN IT WAS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY. POOR ON THE SECOND PART? SAME MENU, SAME FOOD, SAME ORDERS. WE COULD NEVER FIGURE IT OUT.

But why would the food on the Lirica be great for a transatlantic cruise, and not the Caribbean? THE MENU IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT ON THE CARIBBEAN CRUISES. I PRINTED OUT THE MENUS FROM MSC'S TA SITE AND WAS READY FOR EACH MENU AND VERY HAPPY TO TRY NEW MENUS. WELL, WHAT A SURPRISE WHEN WE SAW THE MENUS ON THE CARIBBEAN CRUISE. TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND NOWHERE NEAR THE VAST SELECTION/OPTIONS AS ON THE EUROPEAN CRUISES OR WHAT THE MENUS WERE ON THE MSC SITE.

I just started posting a few days ago because I didn't know about the web site. A friend told me about it, she is taking this cruise again, also. AGAIN, WELCOME AND HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS SITE.

Let's face it some people just like to find fault. it is a smallish ship, with smallish cabins. Iguess it didn't bother me. WE HAVE CRUISED ON MANY DIFFERENT SHIPS OF DIFFERENT SIZES. FROM 23 - 143K TONS. THE LIRICA 58K IS VERY NICE, CLEAN, EASY TO GET AROUND. WE WERE NOT DISSATISFIED WITH THE SHIP OR CREW. IT WAS THE DISAPPOINTMENT IN THE FOOD AND SELECTION AFTER PREPARING FOR SOME UNIQUE MEALS AS SHOWN ON THEIR WEB SITE.

WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOUR OPINION ON SPECIAL REQUESTS FOR MEALS. IF IT IS A SPECIAL OCCASION I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT, BUT NOT EVERY NIGHT. I HAVE SEEN SOME PEOPLE WANT SPECIAL PREPARED MEALS EVERY NIGHT AND THEN NOT EAT MOST OF WHAT IS PROVIDED.

AGAIN, ENJOY THE BOARD AND YOUR UPCOMING CRUISE. WE HAVE NEVER HAD A BAD CRUISE EVEN WHEN WE GOT THE N-VIRUS ON A SHIP AND WERE STUCK IN OUR CABIN FOR 3 DAYS.

HAPPY CRUISING!!

I've cruised with Costa Atlantica, :( and Sun Princess :) and the NCL:) :( . Food on Costa was terrible, being an Italian line I expected food like we had on the Lirica! Not so!!

I only asked twice for non-menu food. One was when I heard the gentleman at the next table ask for Sepia, I said "me too"! The second time was the last week of the cruise. I asked our waiter why we weren't having eggplant parmesan. He said in his Italian accent: :Tomorrow night, I make-a for you!" He was a doll by the way! I could have taken him home!

I was thinking of taking Lirica's Panama Canal criuse next year. You mean it will be a Caribbean menu? I don't mind, but I'm glad I know in advance. I would have been looking for Italian, as I said I'm 100% Sicilian

I'm spending 24 days in Sicily and the Amalfi Coast in Sept. It's not a cruise, we fly non-stop from Boston to Rome, then on to Sicily. It's a beautiful country, this will be my second trip there. Been to Rome three different times, and have no desire to go back. I've seen enough as all the tours go to the same places.

I love to travel, and will go anywhere at the drop of a hat. Some experiences aren't good but they will keep us laughing for a lifetime!!

Did you notice, on the Lirica, the constant cleaning in the public rooms? Those brass handrails were cleaned constantly, as well as the doors that push out. Anything that was handeled by many people. You mentioned the N Virus and that's what reminded me of the cleanliness. When the Royal Caribbean ship recently came in with 250 N Virus patients, a doctor on the news said that it could be extinguished if people would wash their hands.

This is another reason why I stay away from the buffets.

Europeans aren't as health conscious as we are. They handle the utensils, the utensils fall in the food, and there you have it! Disaster in the making!!

Enjoy your future travels!

To each, his own, I guess!

But why would the food on the Lirica be great for a transatlantic cruise, and not the Caribbean?

I just started posting a few days ago because I didn't know about the web site. A friend told me about it, she is taking this cruise again, also.

Let's face it some people just like to find fault. it is a smallish ship, with smallish cabins. Iguess it didn't bother me.

I really don't like to find fault. I like to enjoy myself ... I am NOT a complainer!

It was my understanding that people were supposed to post their experiences on ships. I'm sorry that you don't like the fact that my cruise was a horrid experience. I didn't ask for it. I didn't want it .. but it was what it was .. Should I have lied and said everything was wonderful?

The food was terrible. I was not alone in that thinking .. everyone I met on the ship was complaining about the food. The drinks were very small and very expensive. I don't drink fancy drinks with parasols .. so the drinks of the day didn't interest me. I like a good classic martini .. if they only knew how to make one it would have been great. Paying for soft ice cream by the pool $3.00 or $4.00 was ridiculous, but I didn't need the ice cream and waited to have it at mealtime in the restaurant.

Being served Barilla Shells when the menu said gnocchi was not a good thing. Sending back the beef and finding that most people were doing the same thing (the waiter told me that). Not a good thing. Overcooked fish was certainly not a good thing. Watered down soups was not a good thing (they got better at the end of the voyage)

The entertainment was great! The ship was lovely .. I could deal with the small rooms, the small showers if everything else was good .. but it just wasn't.. Sorry if that upsets you, but I will not lie. I think being honest on these boards is very important. I truly hope that they've improved since February and you have a wonderful time.

For me .. it was so bad, I wouldn't chance going again...

Bon Voyage!

I Am So Tired Of Reading The Negative Comments!

The Room Was Spotless Every Day, With Plenty Of Bottled Water And A Replenished Fruit Bowl .

The water was $3.50 per bottle ... I drink a lot of water. So I bought my water in port for 1/3 that price or less after consuming 2 bottles at that price.

• 2 weeks later...

Larry, you are not alone in your thoughts. There wasn't one American that I spoke with during my cruise that felt differently than we did. I was recently on the Lirica (3/9-20) and had an awful time. Everything you posted, I've posted as well on a different thread. I swore that I would never be on another MSC cruise, but price does matter. I just couldn't pass up another 11 day (different itinerary) for $499! I'll put up with the lousy food and entertainment for the opportunity of seeing new islands and to be cruising again. Afterall, the next time I'll know what not to order, especially the lobster (NOT a tail) and stay clear of the buffet. Hopefully the shows will be different. I can't imagine sitting threw the same ventriloquist show again!

As an earlier poster commented, to each their own. We have a right to our opinions, and I'm 100% in your corner!

'I just couldn't pass up another 11 day (different itinerary) for $499! I'll put up with the lousy food and entertainment for the opportunity of seeing new islands and to be cruising again. Afterall, the next time I'll know what not to order, especially the lobster (NOT a tail) and stay clear of the buffet. Hopefully the shows will be different. '

Totally agree with your comments. What cruise/date are you going on? Happy Cruising!!

The cruise I got the awsome deal on was the MSC Lirica on Nov. 26, 2006 sailing. Hopefully they will have a new chef by then..but in any event, I'll look forward to the wind in my hair; the peace of the seas and of course, new ports to visit. :cool:

BTW, it was a one day special that All aboard Travel offered ..and believe me, I jumped when I saw it!!!!!

Perhaps you should expect the quality of the cruise to be in accordance with the price you pay. That is far more realistic and honest. The good thing is that on MSC you get more than on other cruise lines where you pay three times as much.

However going back to the value aspect. In New York this month I paid $62.50 plus service for 2 small glasses of sherry and 1 margarita. On another night $54 plus service for 2 glasses very mediocre Californian Pinot Noir and a Mudlside. Then there was $286 plus $59 service for a meal for 3 comprising 1 green salad, 1 steak tartare, 1 grilled prawns with babyartichockes and 2 pasta dishes followed by 3 disgusting expresso coffee. Not one food item came close to matching the great food we have enjoyed on MSC. Everywhere the service was third rate and nothing close to that on MSC.

It's true, in most cases you get what you pay for. But you couldn't even pay ME to sail with MSC again. If the poster made bad choices in overpriced restaurants in New York that is sad. I was in NY last week and made great choices enjoying great food, with excellent service. We're not here to discuss that, however. The food on the Lirica was awful. The drinks on the Lirica were awful... the attitude at the reception desk was disgusting... and as I said .. no price would entice me back to suffer through another voyage on that ship, even if they paid me. On to happier cruising on any line but MSC :)

One thing is certain...

Whether you love or hate MSC,

go to any forum for any cruise line and, without much trouble at all, there are posts declaring hatred and loathing for that cruise line. In the same forum there are post declaring it the best.

In this forum, there have been posts saying things like "MSC sucks, they're the worst, I'm going to stay with "________ Cruise Line".

Go over to the forum for "_________ Cruise Line", and you'll find posts saying "I hated my cruise on "_________Cruise Line" they're the worst, I'm going to stay with "__________Cruises"

Go to the foum for "_________Cruises" and without much digging, there are posts saying "_________ Cruises" is terrible, I'll never cruise with them again, "__________ Cruise Line" is the best!"

In the end, it all evens out.

Name any cruise line, and there are people who love them and people who hate them.

Very true Kyle, you will find loves and hates in all forums. It's just such a shame when those who hate continue to 'Troll'. If I hated a cruise so much, I would not continue to try and wind up & bait those who did like it. It's very childish and I certainly have better things to do, like chat about the things I do like:)

Archived