Mini or Aft Suite on Carribean Princess

val0921

I'm struggling with a reservation for the CB next January. Hubby thinks the mini on Dolphin is just fine, but I'd like to try one of the aft suites.

Do any of you have any thoughts as to the selection? Is the aft worth the price difference? Is the motion and view better or worse in either location.

Thanks for your input!!

Personally I love the aft suite location. The view is great and it is very quiet outside your cabin since there is so little traffic back there. The price difference is worth it if you have a special occasion or want an excuse to spoil yourselves. However, a minisuite on Dolphin is also great and is an excellent compromise between the slightly cramped confines of a balcony cabin and the high-rent real estate of an aft suite. I think either way you'll be happy.

We really love the aft cabins and didn't notice any more motion than other cabins, but then this trip was not rough. This particular cabin has a structural beam that goes vertically through the balcony. Not all have that. There are some exterior photos somewhere that show this. C 751 is next to the corner cabin (which is very nice but not a suite) Our kids were in this one. (752) It is a regular sized cabin with a super view too. This would be a great compromise with an aft cabin view and lower price.

Rick

I'm struggling with a reservation for the CB next January. Hubby thinks the mini on Dolphin is just fine, but I'd like to try one of the aft suites.

Do any of you have any thoughts as to the selection? Is the aft worth the price difference? Is the motion and view better or worse in either location.

Thanks for your input!!

We were in Emerald 729 (mini-suite) on the Caribbean Princess, March 11th cruise. The cabin was excellent. Very quiet for reasons previously mentioned with no noticeable additional movement. I would book this cabin again in a heartbeat.

What is the price difference between the full suite and the mini-dolphin? I take that amount and divide it by the cruise nights to get the daily price difference. If it's something crazy like 500 more a day then it's not worth it IMO. But 200.00 a day & lower I would consider it.

Hmmmm. I think it is working out to be about $122 / person / day. I love those bathrooms - LOL. We had a mini on the Dawn which is basically like these aft suites on the CB I think.

I don't know why I'm so stumped on this decision. Good grief!

What is the price difference between the full suite and the mini-dolphin? I take that amount and divide it by the cruise nights to get the daily price difference. If it's something crazy like 500 more a day then it's not worth it IMO. But 200.00 a day & lower I would consider it.
Approximately $2000 ($1000 more per person) for our cruise. That's $285 a day more ($142 pp!) not worth it to me.

Rick, thanks for the C751 pix. My hubby and I are looking into those suites for next April. Did you get a lot of sun on the deck? Did you love the room? Did you enjoy the cruise? Have you sailed on Princess before? We've done 1 on the Grand and several on RCI. We are in our late 50's and like to dance and gamble--will we like Caribbean Princess?

Thanks again, Sherry

Approximately $2000 ($1000 more per person) for our cruise. That's $285 a day more ($142 pp!) not worth it to me.

So I would have to weigh the increased quality & enjoyment stemming from the larger room & better ammenities. 285.00 a day is really pushing it for the return.:cool:

Bearette1017, you would love this suite I'm sure. It was our first suite and we loved both the cabin and the perks (free laundry, cut flowers, corsage, first mini bar fill up was free, etc.) It was also our first Princess cruise. (We've done HAL, QM2, Carnival etc.) I do think CB was a little crowded for our tastes (lines at elevators, crowded in public areas), but I am told that this is unique to CB since it has had extra cabins added. As far as sun is concerned, we didn't seem to get that much (it's covered) but of course it depends on the ship's heading. We were on the Western Caribbean cruise.

I did a mini review here. Be sure to read the next poster's comments to my review.

Good Luck, Sherry,

Rick

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=238349

Archived