Bathrooms in the Cabins

tvlgrl

This might be a strange question, but maybe not......I have a client that will be going on the Norwegian Spirit with a group in Feb07. She had read a review that said the door opening for the bathrooms in the cabins was only 19 or 20 inches (yikes!). I had called the cruise line to confirm what the opening was but they had never had anyone ask, so they are researching the answer. My client is on larger women and is now concerned she will have issue with the bathroom.

Has anyone ever had problem on the Spirit? Does anyone have an answer? I know the ship was intended for an Asian market before being refitted for NCL, and many of the rooms features are scaled down.

Any help would be appreciated.

The bathroom door at my home is only 24" wide. I weigh approximately 260-270 pounds and have no problems getting through it.

I also had no problems in 2004 with the Spirit's water closet door. I'll admit I didn't take the time to measure it. I wondering who would?

Thanks for your help!!! I am not sure anyone ever has measured the opening, not even at the cruiseline. I just want to be sure that my client will be confortable and put her worries at ease.

A ship built for the Asian market will have smaller features common to the smaller people of the far east as compared to us (Americans). So why would you be surprised with small doors...everything will be smaller! I remember when NYC first took posession of subway cars made in Japan...first complaint was that the seats were too small. Let's hope that the ship does not have Asian toilets (hole in the floor).:cool:

I didn't notice that the door into the bathroom was any smaller than a normal bathroom door. And once in the bathroom, it isn't a tiny, cramped space. I would feel confident telling a large person that there won't be a problem. (Of course, there are large, and then there are LARGE.)

Hikini:D

The Spirit bathrooms (at least the balcony bathrooms) are "normal" size. My husband, who is a little smaller than Electricron, had no problems getting into it or staying within it, and the shower is quite large. Now if we're talking about small, the balcony bathrooms on the Pride of America are small.

Thanks for your help!!! I am not sure anyone ever has measured the opening, not even at the cruiseline. I just want to be sure that my client will be confortable and put her worries at ease.

If they are in fact too large - like those that have to pay for two seats on Southwest - there is always the publc and best of all the spa bathrooms

We were on Spirit last fall, and I was pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness of the cabin bathrooms. I am of average weight, as is my husband, and we thought the shower was one of the best we have ever had on a ship. Hard to imagine the entry doors were any smaller than on any other ship.

Archived