Birth Certificate or birth registration card?

harveysalva

Hello everyone! I hope someone here can give me a definitive answer to this question. We are leaving 4/08 on the Sun. My daughter is taking 2 friends. One of her friend's mom brought over her paperwork today and instead of a birth certificate, she has a Birth Registration Card. It is the size of a business card and states the child's name, birth date, birth county, and birth number. It does not state her mother's maiden name or father's name as a birth certificate does. It does have the raised seal of the State of Florida in the center. Has anyone else ever used this? Should I be worried? Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

Shelly

Hello everyone! I hope someone here can give me a definitive answer to this question. We are leaving 4/08 on the Sun. My daughter is taking 2 friends. One of her friend's mom brought over her paperwork today and instead of a birth certificate, she has a Birth Registration Card. It is the size of a business card and states the child's name, birth date, birth county, and birth number. It does not state her mother's maiden name or father's name as a birth certificate does. It does have the raised seal of the State of Florida in the center. Has anyone else ever used this? Should I be worried? Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

Shelly

I am going on my 1st cruise in less than 2 weeks and was told tat I need the "long form birth certificate" with the raised seal and that the "short form" would not work, you may want to have your daughters freind get the 'long form" just in case.. better safe than sorry.:)

We went on the Jewel last January. I had a birth certificate similar to the one your daughters friend has, but my Travel Agent told me to get a copy from the state. You can go to this site, and they can get you a real birth certificate really fast. I would suggest having that just in case. I hope this helps :)

Shelly

When I requested a copy of my birth certificate it does not have my mothers maiden name or my fathers.. Just me-- and my birthdate was on it. (hope you got the letters of permission and medical release for the friends.)

Don't forget - VERY IMPORTANT ---

In addition to the birth certificate, if you are taking an unrelated child with you out of the country (or even your own child without his/her other parent) you will need to have a NOTARIZED letter of permission signed by BOTH the parents of the other child. The letter must state the child's name, and your name and the dates the child will be traveling with you, and be witnessed and sigend by the child's parents.

Archived