Has anyone here heard of the 15 yr old girl getting

drunk on a cruise and falling off the ship this past weekend? My husband said he heard this story on Fox News but I can't find it anywhere on the internet and I don't watch much tv because I have 2 little kids and don't have time so I read my news on the interent.

Thanks.:confused:

No, I have not heard that. I don't think it would be possible for a drunk person to slip and fall off the ship unless they were doing gymnastics on the railing or something like that.

I wonder how many 15 year olds die from alcohol poisoning and don't make the news, but if they become shark food in the process it is big news?

Hey! I haven't heard of a 15 year old getting drunk and falling overboard; but I have heard several mentions of a suicide attempt/illness on the Conquest this weekend. One person on the ship reports that several different crew members told him it was a 15 year old girl that overindulged ("a combination of too much sun, alcohol and prescription pills").

I haven't heard any more about it though...

drunk on a cruise and falling off the ship this past weekend? My husband said he heard this story on Fox News but I can't find it anywhere on the internet and I don't watch much tv because I have 2 little kids and don't have time so I read my news on the interent.

Yes. It was on Fox News or CNN or Headline news a night or 2 ago. They had on a "family friend" or relative and he told of what supposedly transpired. No mention was made of the cruise line that it is purportedly to have happened on. The story went something like this: A bunch of families from Ireland went on this cruise, some of the teenagers were in a bar/disco,

the bartender knew he was serving an underage child drinks b/c she gave him her room card. So the friends/cousins take the girl upstairs, put her to bed and the next thing they know, she must've been throwing up outside on the balcony and she felloverboard. Yes, they're suing the cruise line b/c of the bartender.

I think ths happened may months ago

Hey! Here's a link to the one of the post where they're discussing what happened this weekend....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=325254

There's several different stories floating around, but the long and short of it is it was a teenager with alcohol poisoning or OD...it sounds like there might have been a few other incidents too.

If I had to guess though, I'd say Fox was probably reporting on the lawsuit from when the 15 year old went overboard a few months ago...I dimly remember hearing something about it.

How funny this thread should pop up. I am watching a recorded episode of Boston Legal (recorded on 2/21) and there was a teaser about this on news. The ship they showed looked like a Costa line or something similar.

Archived