Guatamala activities

Tarheelbelle

No. But my traveling companion is a diver. [i am a land person!! Our signs tell the story---I am a Capricorn and she is a Cancer!]

So I am interested in the info you have about diving there, because I can pass it on to her.

Thanks!

We were in Guatemala last week on the Sun.

Based on reviews from these boards, we chose the Livingston tour with Gus and were very pleased.

The whole tour is by boat which I felt more comfortable with since I had some uneasiness about travel on the roads there.

Livingston is a town that can only be reached by boat as is the case for the rest of the tour. We saw the tiny villages where the Guatemalans live as though it were early in the last century. Also the school and the town of Livingston. Had a great shrimp lunch for $10.00.

It doesn't have an excitement/thrill factor but if you want to have an idea about how people live on a daily basis it is very interesting and I felt was a highlight of the cruise.

Gus can be found in the yellow building on the right at the end of the pier.

Unmistakeable with his cowboy hat. His tour booth is to the right as you enter.

• 2 weeks later...

I highly agree. I went into the building looking for a tour and came upon Gus's booth. We made it just in time as they were getting ready to head out when we walked up. For only $55 they offered a great tour with a lot of insight on Guatemala and an included lunch. We even got to meet Gus's mother.

• 2 months later...

Archived