Luggage on TP during disembarkation?

TexEm

Does anyone know what happens to our luggage at disembarkation? I'm presuming we leave it outside our cabin the night before. But when do we claim it on the pier? We're flying out late at night, and have Princess transfers. Do we claim our bags early in the day and does Princess then take them to the airport while we stay onboard until flight time? Or do we claim them just before transfering to the airport at night? Would appreciate any info anyone has. Thanks.

We did taxi instead of Princess Transfer. We left cases out by 8PM. They were outside on the pier in secure tent area by 8AM. We left cabin at 10AM. Checked our carryon at Steakhouse and stayed on the ship. Had buffet, played cards in the Tahitian Lounge, buffet dinner at 5PM. At 5:30PM we left the ship, got our bags in 2 minutes, and got a taxi. PAX with transfers left bags out by 8PM and they were transferred to the airport for them. Princess buses about 6PM for the 10PM ATN flights.

Thanks, that info helps. Now my mother can rest easy about it. (It's really funny, she and I have taken 2 other cruises together, I had joined these boards before the last one, and she was amazed at all I knew about the ship, etc., from cruisecritic. This time when she had the questions about the luggage, she just said, "Ask your friends on cruisecritic.") At 88, she doesn't really want to do things independently from Princess, so we're using the Princess transfers, although I understand the taxi arrangement is cheaper. Sounds like either way, it goes pretty smoothly.

Was 10 a.m. the latest you could stay in your cabin?

Was it you who said somewhere on these boards that there were excursions offered that last day? I don't see any listed on the Princess Website. But were there, that you can recall?

Thanks for your help.

Mary

Our checkout was 10am. Our room steward seemed a little impatient waiting for us. I guess I can't blame him as they have to be ready by 1:30PM. But the "rules" allowed us until 10am and we did it.

I didn't see last day tours posted on the Princess sight or even the pre-cruise packet. But on day one, they had a paper in our mailbox. I remeber there were 2 island tours, one in the morning until around lunch and one in the afternoon 1:30 - 4:30.

If you did princess transfers then your luggage should be taken directly to the airport. When they call your tag color/number you will get on a bus at the pier. The bus will take you to the airport where a rep. will explain to you where to go to get your luggage. You will point out your luggage and they will take you and your luggage to be screened. After luggage screening you will take your carryon(don't let them take it at the first screening) and yourself and stand in another line to check in for your flight. We had Princess transfers and this is what we did.

Thanks, everyone--sounds like Princess has their act together. We had considered doing a day room at a hotel, but I think we'll just stay onboard, maybe I'll walk over to LeMarche. Chipsahoy and donna5--what did you end up doing that day, stay onboard or go on a tour or...?

We went into town and did some last minute shopping. Spent the rest of the day by the pool. You check your carryon up stairs at either sterlings or sabatinis(depending which one they decide to use). You can then get it later to change into travel clothing. We kept out a day bag with swim stuff and anything we had to have. You can also get a driver and a car to give you an island tour if you didn't do a precruise. On the back street that the le trucks run on(one of the longer roads that run the length of town) is Tahit Music a music store that has Tahitian C.D.'s. It took us a while to find one that sold tahiti music, it seemed a lot of stores close to the ship had a thing for reggae music??? If you bought a pareo or pareos to give as gifts than you must go to the marche and buy the little booklet on ways to tie them. Found out they were cheaper on the top floor. There is a visitor center on the same side of the street where the ship docks and they could give you some ideas also.

donna5--thanks. Sounds like there's a lot to do. I like the idea about the Tahitian music cd, it'd make a great souvenir. Were there a lot of passengers still onboard? Was it crowded?

It all depends from cruise to cruise. In 2003 we did a B2B and it seemed crowded on the end of the second one. This last one in Oct 2005 did not seem crowded on last day. I think it all depends on how many take tour that day and how many also go on to post cruises(most of them want to get to the hotel although some stay on through lunch), not to mention if a lot of incoming passengers did precruise(then they would all be coming on ship after 12 Noon.) In 2003 the library was open on last day. In 2005 Library was closed.

Hi All,

Just finished the March 30 sailing. Skip the Princess trasfer. It's 40 PP vs. $25 flat rate for a cab. We shared a van with 2 other people, so only $7.5 each with tip. Your luggage will be stored securely on the dock; and you can leave hand luggage at the restaurant on deck 10. You can then take your time getting to the airport, rather than being bused out at 6 pm.

PS-- you can take a shower on the last day in the spa. They don't advertise this, but if you ask, it's no problem.

Hope this helps!

donna5--thanks again for the info, just over 2 weeks left now! Someone asked this on another thread--can you reserve spa chairs on the last day?

lalawgirl--heard you made it in to Rarotonga, great news! We're keeping our fingers crossed...

Mary

We had the week pass for the spa deck and on the last day we could not use the deck until 2 pm. The ship is not moving so is hot just sitting there. We did go out there in the late afternoon to enjoy our one last time on the spa deck. It was so quiet and we had the hot tub to ourselves almost the entire cruise. Since we paid for the entire time we did use the hot tub once a day and enjoyed our late afternnoons there. The tahitian cruise is just wonderful.

The spa deck is 100.00 per person for the entire cruise or 15.00 per person for 1 day. They do not allow more than 16 people at a time. We were a group of 6 and our week the most ever out there were 8 and we were 6 of those spaces!! It was like having our private deck with hot tub.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it possible to keep your luggage the evening before, and disembark earlier than 7:00am? We're considering booking an Air France flight that departs ppt at 8:50am. We are on the Cook Islands itinerary that arrives back in Papeete the evening before disembarkation. Will we able to disembark at 5:00am or so?

Thanks for your replies!

Archived