Need help to understand Carnival cabin catagories

Ok, I've been reading lots of threads under "Cabin Selection Tips", but have yet to find something that explains what the different Cabin catagories are on Carnival. I keep reading about people who mention 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, 6a, Cat. 8 or 8a, cat 10, 11, 12.... What are all of these different catagories?

In the past we have sailed twice and ask for the cheapest inside cabins and were placed on either deck 1 or 2 inside cabins. This time we again asked for cheapest inside cabin and we have been placed on the Triumph in Dec, Cabin #6325. What catagory is that and how did we end up on the Upper deck rather than Rivieria or Main deck? Did we get an upgrade without being told? :rolleyes: Is this a good place to be??? We are repeat Carnival cruisers.

I loved to understand the different catagories on Carnival.....:o

Kathy in Maine

OK, the higher the letter, [generally] the higher the deck/closer to "the action" [lounges, etc.] you are. The numbers signify the type of cabin....1 inside/bunk beds; 4 inside; 5 porthole/French door; 6 outside window; 8/9 balcony; 11/12 suite.

So, if we are in 6325 then what catagory is that and what bedding arrangements can we expect in our cabin? We are 4 people. DH and I and 2 other gals.

Kathy in Maine

OK, the higher the letter, [generally] the higher the deck/closer to "the action" [lounges, etc.] you are. The numbers signify the type of cabin....1 inside/bunk beds; 4 inside; 5 porthole/French door; 6 outside window; 8/9 balcony; 11/12 suite.

I remember our first cruise on the Ecstasy back in 1996 - we didn't have the internet then to do all the research and didn't really know anything about cruising.

We booked an outside cabin and when we were getting off the ship I got a peak into the other cabins on a higher deck as I was anxious to see what those cabins looked like LOL - I was so surprised that they were the same. :eek:

Anyway - here is a great site to check out not only the deck plans but the cabins too. http://www.cruisedeckplans.com

Diane

Unless you book a junior suite or higher category, all the cabins are pretty much the same except for windows, no-windows, balcony, etc. The higher the number (category), the closer to the activities you are. So, if you don't mind an inside cabin, book the cheapest one above a category 1a (bunk beds), unless you want to be closer. Personally, I wouldn't book a more expensive cabin that looks just the same as a lower category cabin just to be closer to the "action". There are stairs and elevators everywhere. The extra money you save could be used towards shore excursions or on-board expenses. Just a suggestion..........

Ok, I've been reading lots of threads under "Cabin Selection Tips", but have yet to find something that explains what the different Cabin catagories are on Carnival. I keep reading about people who mention 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, 6a, Cat. 8 or 8a, cat 10, 11, 12.... What are all of these different catagories?

www.carnival.com

6325 is a 4c and is a quad cabin, so will have 2 beds on the floor and two more that drop down from the ceiling or walls (kinda like bunk beds, except top bunks are not connected to the beds on the floor. It is possible that at the time you booked this was the cheapest quad cabin available. Or not....

Archived