Formal Night

HI

I will be on the Monarch of the Seas week of May 6th in CA. I wanted to know how warm it would be in CA?

I have a couple of different dresses that I could choose to take and thought I should pick the one that would fit the weather best.

Also does it matter what color dress at this time of year?

OK, I'll try to help, as I live 10 minutes from the port. The weather in May is unpredictable. It could be warm & sunny in LA (70s by the port) or it could be cool (low 60s) and overcast. But even if it's warm in the port, once you clear the breakwater, it will be cool and breezy at sea. The dining room can be chilly, so if you go with something lightweight, bring a shawl or other warmer just in case.

Color makes no difference, since our seasons are pretty much cool/rainy or hot/sunny!

Have a great time!

OK, I'll try to help, as I live 10 minutes from the port.

I do research for a living, and one thing I've learned is that is it VERY hard to get a good answer if you don't ask a good question. For example, how on earth do you know what port she's talking about?? I don't even know what Cruise Line she's talking about:rolleyes:

Just a request that if you want help, please try to give as much pertinent information in your question as possible. Thanks!

If you do research for a living then why could you not figure out that the ship Monarch of the Seas would be from RCCL.

I do know that I could go to weather.com for my answer. But I was looking more for warm / cool and what color for this time of year maybe from someone who knew what they wear in CA at this time.

Also CA means California and you should know that if you live there.

If you do research for a living then why could you not figure out that the ship Monarch of the Seas would be from RCCL.
But if you're asking for our help, why should I have to look that up? I've never sailed on RCCL so I'm not familiar with the names of their ships, nor their itineraries. And California is STILL a big state, so climate varies. I'm glad someone was able to give you information you find helpful though.

For example, how on earth do you know what port she's talking about?? I don't even know what Cruise Line she's talking about:rolleyes:

I could say it's because I'm much smarter than you are;) , but I knew because I've sailed on Monarch a bunch.

I actually think the OP would have gotten more responses if she'd tightened up the question, but she got her answer, so all is right in the universe today.

And you're welcome, OP.

Archived