restaurants in Bora Bora

travellgirl

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from French Polynesia and while on Bora Bora we had dinner at the Bamboo, not to far from Bloody Mary's, and Le Bounty. I really liked Le Bounty which is on the end of the island between the Hotel Bora Bora and the Novotel. The food was great, the atmosphere fun, and the people very nice. I would suggest reservations. Bloody Mary's was booked the night we wanted to go there so we just had drinks there and made reservations down the road at the Bamboo, which was great. Both restaurants were recommended by the skipper of our catamaran, a local.

I had read about Bamboo. It sounded really nice. When you say you need reservations for these restaurants, do you need them way in advance? There are times we may our reservations a few weeks before we leave home - or is the day before or that afternoon ususally good enough? thanks

I'm not sure how long in advance to make reservations but.........if the hotels are fairly full and there is a cruise ship in port I would say be safe and make them before you leave and then cancel them if you decide to do something else. All tables were full at the Bamboo and Le Bounty the nights we were there. Both have great dining areas so you do not feel crowded or rushed. Bamboo was probably a little more up-scale than Le Bounty, but I loved the sand floor and island decor of Le Bounty, the menu was great, and the prices a little less. Bamboo is outdoor seating on a covered porch and also very island-nice. They both have French and island inspired menus and are fabulous. If you are out for lunch "Le Snack" on the beach between the Hotel Bora Bora and the Hotel Maitai is supposed to be great. I hope this helps and I know you will have a great time.

• 3 weeks later...

Top Dive in BB is excellent -- great fish, wonderful desserts -- and if you are lucky, you get a wonderful manta ray show in the lighted waters outside. Bloody Mary's is fun, and be sure to get the obligatory tee shirt(s) as gifts.

I made reservations for Top Dive on their website, but never heard back so I think when we are docked there the few days before we head there for our post cruise, I will call all the restaurants and make reservations then.

Archived