Butlers tours in Cork, Ireland-any info?

TT

We just book a tour with Butlers Bus & Coach in Cork, Ireland for 8 hours. Anyone ever use them and how did they do. I have ead one review and it was great. Any other info you can give would be great like where to go and what to see.

Thanks to all who post.

TT

Thank you. I was hoping someone had used them other than the 1 posting I read about them. Glad you had a great time. Anyplace good to go and see?

Cork...Day 7... We docked in Ringaskiddy... We hired Butler Buses 12 passenger van with driver for 7 hours. We shared the cost with 7 fellow CC members. Kevin our driver picked us up at the ship at 8:30.We drove to Blarney Castle an arrived at 9:10 ahead of the crowds... We walked right to the castle to kiss the stone. The stairway to the top of the castle get narrow at the very end. There is a remarkable view from the top of the castle of surrounding country-side. We spent the rest of our allotted hour walking around the castle grounds. They are quite lovely.

Our next stop was The Blarney Woolens Mills for 1 1/2 hours of shopping.

We took a 1 hour drive through the Irish country-side on our way to Kinsale. A small Irish town with wonderful food... multi-colored buildings... cobblestone streets and friendly people. We returned to the ship at 3:30. We walked into town with friends to use the payphones and mail postcards.Both were located in front of The Ringaskiddy Inn. We ended up going in and had a pint with the locals. They were very nice and interesting to talk with...A Fun Day

JLT, We are traveling with 8 others then asked a CC/friend couple to join us. Making 12. I am sure if you put the word out you could fill a bus no problems. They were helpful booking of course they always are and I read that someone else booked them a second time. I felt anyone using the same people again must have had a good trip the first time.

TT

We are using Butlers Buses for our tour of Ireland on June 22 - RCI Jewel of the Seas itinerary. They were recommended by others - our group size is 20. They seem reasonable and I will post an update after the cruise for anyone travelling after June.

Camella - we are on the Maasdam, stopping in Cobh on Friday, July 21st from 8 to 5. I have found train and bus information into Cork and a tour of Cork with Bus Eireann which goes to Blarney. That's the plan right now but it may change when we arrive. I prefer to travel on my own, using public transportation when possible. Less expensive and you get to talk to more people.

• 3 weeks later...

Camella,

We will also be on the Conny for the July 15 sailing and of course are interested in touring as you are. Let us know if you find any....

Camella,

We will also be on the Conny for the July 15 sailing and of course are interested in touring as you are. Let us know if you find any....

Sorry I have not checked this post. We had our Ch. Dog's disc taken out and he can not walk. Being a Doberman and 88 lbs we have to turn him every 4 hours 24/7. It has not been fun as you can imagine. We are traveling with 8 others so we filled the van quickly. We are on the Connie sailing out of Dover on 9/9/06. Anyone wanting the info on Butlers email me at flpctt@aol.com and I will email it to you. I can't remember their email off the top of my head. I just jumped on quickly since my dog is sleeping. Thank God for pain pills for him.

TT

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We went on their regular Blarney Castle-Kinsale tour last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. I wrote to them to ask about a tour for people on our very active Jewel TA and they actually set up a link to allow people on our cruise to book directly through them. I don't know if they will do this for all ships, but it certainly made it easy for our group and it was a bargain at 20 euros. They ended up with three full buses and they leave as soon as people can get to the buses, which park steps from the dock. It was a very pleasant day.

I am working with them for a shorter trip to just Kinsale next year. They remembered me and also set up a link for their regular tour. For the Kinsale tour, though, I will have to put up a 50 euro deposit and collect and send the funds to them before we sail. They are very easy and friendly to work with and are very professional. Highly recommended.

There's only one caveat which is stated on their website - no refunds are given. However, people who had seats and couldn't go on the tour sold their seats to others since the tour was completely full. There was no problem with that.

Kate

• 1 month later...
We've done the 20.00 pound E-coach 2 times which is run by Butler tours to Blarney, and Kinsale from Cobh

Link: http://www.ecoach.ie/blarney_bus_tour.php

For the price you can't beat it

Srpilo

How many people were on your bus? Did they use a big bus or did they size the vehicle to the number signed up?

Thanks.

Archived