Questions about Star booking

melissal

Hi,

I am interested in the Star 11/14. We will be travelling with our 12 year old so will have 3 in the cabin.

We would like to be in a mini-suite. I am wondering if we are likely to get a better deal by booking a balcony and trying the upsell desk after booking.

The price we are looking at for the mini suite is $2700 roughly for the three of us, port/tax etc. included.

Also, has anyone used the Entertainment Book coupons? any problems with them?

Any other suggestions for getting the best deal (and then forgetting about it and having a great time!)

I can't answer all of your questions, but I will offer an opinion regarding the mini-suite.

If what you really want is a mini-suite, I would suggest that you book that instead of booking a lower category and then hoping for an upsell. As with guarantees, it's never a good idea to book something hoping for a better opportunity later because the opportunity (upgrade/upsell) may never happen. It's possible that all the mini-suites will be booked, leaving you disappointed.

If, however, you would be perfectly happy with a balcony regardless of the lack of an upgrade/upsell, then go ahead and take the risk.

Hi,

I am interested in the Star 11/14. We will be travelling with our 12 year old so will have 3 in the cabin.

We would like to be in a mini-suite. I am wondering if we are likely to get a better deal by booking a balcony and trying the upsell desk after booking.

The price we are looking at for the mini suite is $2700 roughly for the three of us, port/tax etc. included.

Also, has anyone used the Entertainment Book coupons? any problems with them?

Any other suggestions for getting the best deal (and then forgetting about it and having a great time!)

Hello melissa.im melissa also. and we are sailing on the Star on 11/14!!!!

we booked a balcony for me , my husband and our 5 year old... hoping for an upsell. we used the entertainment book coupon...this is what happened,, since we sailed on the star in jan we are lattitudes members.. so we booked it at that rate and they wouldnt honor the coupon.. then we called and they changed the booking to a leadership fare they called it, and they took off 100 only, instead of 200,, but it still saved us 100 total even when we changed the booking... so make sure its booked under the right type of fare.. we booked directly through NCL since we are lattitudes members... sometimes you can get a cheaper rate online,

you will love the star. i find the freestyle dining is the way to go, especially with kids... and the kids activies are endless... very kid friendly cruise ...

if you decide on that date join the roll call on the roll call threads for NCL star... and hopefully we will see you onboard...

any other questions pls ask, or send an email,

you can check out some pics on my link below from webshots...

this will be our daughters 1st cruise.....

we cant wait

take care

Archived