Barcelona -- rainy days

What are the best activities for rainy days in Barcelona? We leave this week and unfortunately it looks like a lot of rain. My husband is an architect and a photographer and we really want to see it all. What should we save for sunny days and what can we see in the rain?

Diane

The Miro museum is a nice place to spend a rainy day. So is the covered market off Las Ramblas (main street). The (still under construction) cathedral and beautiful Guel park are definitely worth a visit on a sunny day.

Both the Casa Matllo and La Perdrera offer tours that are excellent on rainy days (I went through the Casa Matllo on a rainy day a couple of weeks ago.)

The Palau de la Musica Catalana is another outstanding rainy-day visit for those interested in Modernisme/Art Nouveu architecture in Barcelona. It's our favorite building in the city, despite its not having been designed by Gaudi.

Buy a cheap umbrella or two and hit the shops along the Pg. de Gracia, in order to see how the other half lives.

Don't go by what weathersays it will be there here..it usually is never what you find there.I have done Barcelona in the rain,the sun,and never met a sight I didn't like in either.Some of my best pictures are ones taken on a cloudy somewhat rainy day.The other posters have given some great advice,but I would just see how it all comes together when you arrive.Enjoy the city!!!

Karen
Ü

I think "your architect" will really find the Sagrada Familia interesting. Much of it is indoors, including an exhibit regarding Gaudi's method in one of the lower levels. I am associated with architecture and found the whole "construction site," models, drawings and building itself fascinating.

Archived