How to find stateroom square footage?

Jen & Kim

Does anyone know how to find the exact sqare footage of each stateroom on the Zuiderdam? I know people have talked about some being larger than others (within a category). I have looked all over the HAL website and can't seem to find it.

Thanks!!:)

go to the hal board ---go to fleet and click on your ship then on the right side of the screen click on explore staterrooms and the specs are there
From the bottom of that page....

* Room measurements are approximated, and some rooms in the same category may vary in size and/or have different furniture placement, windows or fixtures from those pictured.

So there isn't a way to tell about the differences within a category on the HAL site. We know there are some huge differences, but I've never seen a listing. Just discussions about odd sized cabins in various threads.

Thanks. I thought I had seen on this board people finding the exact square footage of each room but I guess I didn't. I know there are some differences and I was just curious to see what they were.

Thanks. I thought I had seen on this board people finding the exact square footage of each room but I guess I didn't. I know there are some differences and I was just curious to see what they were.

There are some third-party websites (which we are not allowed to mention by name here) which will give you a square footage for various cabins.

On the Vistas the rule of thumb is -- AVOID inside cabins in all categories except the I cabins on the upper decks and J (and K) on Main Deck. The I cabins on the upper decks are "large" inside cabins, similar to those found on the S and R class ships. The Js and Ks on the Main Deck are large inside cabins, with some of the Js (those that don't connect with the neighboring room) having a little more room than the other Js. Js on the upper decks are TINY little broom closets in comparison, so don't take a J on an upper deck thinking it'll be close to 200 square feet in size. It won't be.

You can also find the cabin sizes on the HAL site, just search for a cruise on the ship you want to know about and hit the "price" button. It will show the various cabin classes and their sq. footage. For example, a J cabin on the Zuiderdam is 148 sq. ft., a K is even smaller and 143 sq. ft, as compared to the larger I cabins which are 185 sq. ft. And just to finish the Insides, the L, M, and N staterooms are all 154 sq. ft.

For comparison, on the Zaandam, all the inside cabins are listed at 182 sq. ft.

For example, a J cabin on the Zuiderdam is 148 sq. ft., a K is even smaller and 143 sq. ft, as compared to the larger I cabins which are 185 sq. ft. And just to finish the Insides, the L, M, and N staterooms are all 154 sq. ft.

But even this is misleading. The size of the standard J cabins is 148 square feet, but the size of the large J cabins (the ones on main deck and only on main deck) is 198 - 206 square feet, depending upon if it's a connecting cabin (connecting cabins are slightly smaller).

That is why I often say that the Js on Main deck are among the best kept secrets in the HAL fleet.

I am in an SY cabin on the upper verandah deck.

All SY's (except for handicapped 6108, located on the portside-aft angle) are exactly the same square footage, as are the SS's (except for 8094 and 8099 which are also on the aft angles).

The deckplans are all drawn to scale and really do give a clear indication of where the oddly-shaped staterooms might be.

Archived