Mille May 14, several ?????

suec12

We have taken several Carrib. cruises and now are set for our first European cruise - I have several questions.

1) If we do our own tips shoudl we do Euros, dollars or it doesn't make any diff.

2) Celeb. states boarding time is 2pm? Can we show up earlier?

3) If we skip/miss dinner - how late is sushi served? what else is served at the casual dining option?

4) To re-board in the various ports, what do we have to show? I really don't want to carry my passport around esp. in Rome or Naples. Will we be issued a Celeb. picture ID?

That's it for now....thanks for your help!

Hi,

On your own trips you will need euros.

I normally arrive to board at about 11:30 am,

Not sure about the sushi, but i do know your on one of the best cruises in the world! I am on there in May

Ian

It really doesn't matter what you tip with...it's up to you when you do it on your own. If you leave the automatic tips on they will simply use whatever currency your charge card is based on. So if you are from the USA with a USA charge card the tips will be in dollars and euros if from Europe and pounds if from GB. You could even tip with trinkets if you were so inclined. I'd be more worried about being sure that you were giving a "fare" tip to whomever you were tipping. I was skeptical about the tips being charged to my card, but found the staff seems to respond well to it. If during the trip there is someone I intentionly feel should not be tipped for some extrordinary reason I remove the auto tip and do cash tips... that is the exception though. I sometimes even like to give an additional "cash" or something during the trip when I have been given exceptional service... has happened a number of times I'm glad to say.

By the way your entrance onto the ship is your photo room card/onboard credit card that is issue when you initially board. There is also always room service if you just simply miss all meal options including the buffet???

Archived