RCCL Voyager Class 8200/8500 Family Oceanview

suwaneedad

Family Oceanview Staterooms...most appear standard sized but these two look very wide but not deep. These are the ones in the very front center of the ship that have a separate room with bunkbeds. Anyone been in these cabins...how is the layout different from the standard plan shown on the RCCL website? Thanks!:confused:

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I was booked in cabin 6200 for the FOS on Sept. 3rd and today I saw that 8200 was open, so I switched. The rep. at RCI said that she didn't have any specifics about the room, but she agreed that it did look bigger. If no one else has pics before I go, I will definitely post some when I return home. I am so curious about how the room is set up! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My hubby and two kids stayed in #6500 on the VOS and yes it is bigger than a standard room. Friends of ours had a deluxe balcony room and it was so tiny compared to ours. The benefit about our room was that we had a small little room across from the bathroom as you entered the room that contained a set of bunks and a little "1 foot" closet. This had a curtain and was officially the kids room which meant that the sofa bed stayed closed the whole cruise. Our bed was nearest to the two large round windows and on the side wall and across on the opposite wall was the wardrobe closet. One night we actually all stayed in our room and ate in when it was rough and some of us were under the weather. It also was quite long as I remember having enough room on the floor beside our bed and towards the windows that I could open my suitcase fully and the lid just touched the wall while the other side of the suitcase just touched the bed. Must have been at least 3-4 feet.

The extra room was wonderful and the only downside was that we felt a shuttering feeling and heard a rumbling when pulling into port, which was early in the mornings. (It didn't wake the kids though). The benefit was that we have some wonderful videos taken entering into the ports though.

Also, it was a distance from the main elevators but again the size of the room certainly made up for it. I can only assume that the FOS room sizes would be comparable in size.

Hope this helps. Make sure to let us know more when you return. Have a great time.:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Wow what a cabin! Thanks for posting your photos. I think we'll stick with the FOV on Deck 9 for this cruise, and then compare it to your photos of Deck 8's FOV to decide next time. I like being as high as possible (fewer stairs to/from the Lido Deck!).

If you can switch to 8200 I would. The cabins on deck 9 are just one long room. The bunk beds are tucked away in like a little closet with a curtain in front of them. It was nice in 8200 because my two oldest kids had their own room with a door and dh and myself had our own room. The baby slept in a crib in the living room. It was heaven!! Have a wonderful cruise!!:)

We went into cabin 8500 as we were leaving the ship. 8200 has 3 windows, 8500 has 4. However, I really liked the setup of 8200 better. The cabin steward agreed with me. They are both nice cabins, but 8200 is the best. The living room in 8500 was smaller and not situated as nice. I wish I had pictures for you. It did have three separate rooms like 8200, it was just layed out a little differently. I'd take either, as opposed to taking any of the other FOV rooms. We went and looked at those as well. The bunkbed room in 8500 had a window whereas in 8200 is did not. My kids didn't mind a bit. I know I have seen pics of 8500 on the internet somewhere, I just don't remember where. (sorry) Enjoy Freedom, my family had the time of our lives and we can't wait to go back!! If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask!! :)

We went into cabin 8500 as we were leaving the ship. 8200 has 3 windows, 8500 has 4. However, I really liked the setup of 8200 better. The cabin steward agreed with me. They are both nice cabins, but 8200 is the best. The living room in 8500 was smaller and not situated as nice. I wish I had pictures for you. It did have three separate rooms like 8200, it was just layed out a little differently. I'd take either, as opposed to taking any of the other FOV rooms. We went and looked at those as well. The bunkbed room in 8500 had a window whereas in 8200 is did not. My kids didn't mind a bit. I know I have seen pics of 8500 on the internet somewhere, I just don't remember where. (sorry) Enjoy Freedom, my family had the time of our lives and we can't wait to go back!! If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask!! :)

Wondering what the minimum # of people needed to book this family cabin? Am looking into Adventure of the Sea for 2009. Can u give me an idea as to what the prices are for 1st and 2nd passengers and 3rd, 4th,? I try pulling it up online for any date in 2008 but it always comes up as N/A. Wondering if this is because you need to book more than 4 people in it to get it???? Glad i saw this thread as i posted this ? on RCI board, but not getting many responses from people who have had these type cabins. Thanks for all info:)

I believe you have to have a minimum of 5 people to book it. I can tell you that my family of 5 (Me, DH, and three daughters 8, 6 & 20 mos.) paid around $4600 for the week. I'm sorry I don't remember the per person price. It was worth every penny!!

I believe you have to have a minimum of 5 people to book it. I can tell you that my family of 5 (Me, DH, and three daughters 8, 6 & 20 mos.) paid around $4600 for the week. I'm sorry I don't remember the per person price. It was worth every penny!!

Did you really have to pay for your 20 month old daughter? geesh.:eek:

• 6 months later...

You'll never see it available online because the online res system only handles 4 people. You have to call, which is fast. You pay for two adult fares and anyone else is the child price. In our case we went labor day week with 5, and the whole smash was $3500. I remember the kids were each $400 plus tax. The only downer of this cabin is one bathroom, if you have kids old enough to care. And I think if you're outside peak season they'll be happy to sell you this cabin for 4 people, but I can't say for sure. I just checked it for Aug 31 08 Mariner, and not one FOV cabin is sold yet so I bet they'd be happy to sell it to a party of 4 if that lack of booking remains the case. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got back from Freedom of the Seas cabin #8200 and I have pics!! It is definitely bigger than other FOV rooms. We loved it! Cabin 8500 next door was nice too, but I liked 8200 better. http://community.webshots.com/user/eagmommy

:)

Thanks so much for posting these photos--will be booking the Mariner for next year, and this cabin looks perfect for my family of 5!! Can't wait!

Archived