Wedding on a Princess Cruise Ship

My fiance and I are hoping to be married by the captain on one of the Princess ships. We have a list of the ships where this is possible and now need to pick an itinerary. We've cruised the Caribbean a number of times and want to do something different this time. We're thinking either Hawaii or Europe. The only Hawaiian option is 15 days return from LA. There are lots of European options. Does anyone have any advice for us? We haven't picked a date yet....looking at prices and itineraries first. Any help would be greatly appreciated. According to the info we have from Princess they offer 3 different wedding packages. The "Tie The Knot At Sea" package is available on "at sea" days and performed by the Captain. The other 2 packages (haborside and ashore) say "a local officiant will perform the ceremony". We're wondering if "at sea" has to be an entire day without a port stop or can it be a day when the ship leaves the port earlier. For instance on the Greek Isles itinerary you board the ship in Venice, spend the night on the ship and leave Venice at 1 pm. Can we then plan to be married later that day once we're at sea? Maybe that still doesn't count as an "at sea" day???

I would call and ask. I know on my cruise the latest time they schedule a wedding is 3:30 but that is a caribbean cruise..

It never hurts to ask.. and the other rule of thumb.. it probably never hurts to ask a couple of times.

There were things that I asked about and was told no that cant happen and then I read that is exactly what other people did. So I asked again and got a different answer...

Good luck. :) Hope you hear the answer you want.

As Regardlessgirl said "always ask again." I was able to do more asking a second time, when the first time I got a no. Even when you get on the ship, you can ask your onboard co-ordinator for certain things. Like the way something is to be set up. That is if you have something in mind that you want.

As for the "Tie The Knot at Sea," I am pretty sure it has to be a full sea day. Before I got married I asked the same question you are wondering about and that is the answer I got. You could always ask again though. Their are two different times that you can choose from to get married at.

Do you have the Princess Wedding Planner? If not I can send it to your email. Just let me know.

Hope this helps. Congratulations and all the best planning!!

Have a great day!

Hi-

We were married on the Caribbean Princess at sea and couldn't have been more pleased. I agree with everyone, I don't think they normally do at sea weddings on days in port because the Captain is too busy pulling the ship in and out of the port, but it never hurts to ask.

We had been to the Caribbean before as well and thought about alternative itineraries, but we eventually chose the Caribbean for the price convenience to our guests. Most of our guests had never been to the Caribbean so it worked out well for them and we were able to get a rate for an inside room of just under 600 per person, what I thought was a really reasonable rate for guests.

My parents recently did the Hawaii out of LA on Princess and really enjoyed it. The Island Princess was a bit smaller and didn't have all the amenities the larger ships carry, however, my parents said it did have an "intimate" feel so maybe it would be great for a wedding. I know their chapel pictures are really nice. We're doing the transatlantic Med on the Golden Princess in less than a month, I'll be happy to let you know what I think about that one when we get back.

Good Luck!

Kadie

PS

Yes Shari I have a copy of the Wedding Planner ~ thanks for the offer. Chances are it will only be Walt & I booking the cruise so I guess the basic "Tie the Knot" package is all we will need. Any other suggestions anyone?

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Archived