Quick ? re: San Juan Restaurant

Set2Sail

Sorry about this, but someone mentioned a great restaurant in San Juan where they went after the recent disasterous Whisper cruise. I CAN"T FIND IT! Can anyone help me?? I would love to have a great meal there next week, as we arrive the night before we sail.

THANKS!

Jen

Set2Sail,

We had a wonderful lunch last Saturday at Barracino Restaurant on La Forteleza in Old San Juan. It's not fancy - but a nice, casual cafe with both indoor and outdoor dining. The open courtyard has a festive feel and the servers were terrific. Don't miss the house specialty - The "Original Pina Colada."

The food includes typical American fare of salads, burgers and grilled food, along with a selection of local Puerto Rican and Cuban favorites. You can enjoy a nice stroll through the old city or head over to El Morro to enjoy the views.

Finally, they will store your luggage all day (suggested gratuity $5) and will make you feel like they want you to return on a future trip.

Enjoy!

if you want a really excellent meal (yes it's expensive) then try the new restaurant Marmalade. It opened in January. I'm from NY and have eaten in some of the best, and I can say it was one of the finest meals I've ever had.

Archived