Mercury, noise under buffet?

MSBYRDY

Looking at two CC cabins on deck 10 on Mercury, but they are under the buffet. Have always made sure to be sandwiched between passenger decks. Has anyone been in these? How was noise from above? Will be taking my daughter and son in law for their first cruise and don't want them dissappointed.

Thanks

Marilyn

Marilyn - I'm booked in cabin 1135 on Mercury sailing on April 28. The cabin is under the Palm Springs Bar just outside the buffet. I'll let you know when we get back if noise was a problem.

Terri

in 1099. Was on the 3/17/06 bleach cruise. Great cabin, didn't hear anything..but could flash people looking out window at my veranda:D

Dave:eek:

Our cabins are on the same side, this could be the start of a fun new game! Of course I wouldn't want to scare anyone.

Terri

On our very first Celebrity cruise on Mercury, we were in RS1054. That cabin happens to be under the pizza-hamburger stand on the starboard side. In the middle of the night, they apparently reprovision and clean the area, and it sounded like bowling balls being rolled over our ceiling.

On the C class ships the RS and PH does get noise during the day from the deck above, which is the pool deck. The noise is from moving lounges, as well as people running or stomping their feet.

I had a friend in 1097 and they finally brought him earplugs!

He went up to the buffet at 2 am one night because he said it sounded like they were dismantling the whole thing. He said there were workers getting ready for the next day.

He was very unhappy with his location.

Tuggers, Either your friend is a light sleeper, or I'm a really heavy drinker and passed out everynight.

Truthfully we didn't hear anything going on above us...maybe they did something different with the cleaning schedule on your cruise.

Dave:eek:

Sorry you had a less than expected cruise...We were on the ship before you and really got hit with the bleaching and cleaning as well as the CDC boarding...etc...As I've said in another post, we sail X almost exclusively...This is the FIRST time we have ever been dissapointed. Mostly due to the way the situation was handled, as well as some of our favorite things being cancelled, unavailable, etc...

He could be a light sleeper. I really don't know. This was just the first time I had ever heard him complain.

I was in a cabin under the galley once and at 4 am they dropped a tray of glasses right over my bed. I sat bolt upright and thought we were sinking!!!:D

You must be drinking heavily. It sounded at times like they were dismantling the buffet. I'm not that light a sleeper! I spend 9 months a year sleeping on cruises ships and this is the only noisy cabin I have experienced. When I discussed with the staff, they seemed to be aware of the problem.

The main factor which will affect your noise is what type surface is above your head: if it is a hard, rough surface (ie, under the pool deck) you will hear plenty as the deck hands drag carts and deck chairs around. If it's under a carpeted are (ie, forward in the spa area or aft in the Lido buffet dining room) , you probably won't hear anything except occasional footfalls if a teenager or group of kids runs through the buffet area at night. This is a rare thing, and you'll have a great cabin if you're under the buffet. Just don't take one under the pool deck!

Yes there is a BIG difference being under the carpeted buffet area and being under the food prep area midship.

Am I the only one intrigued by Tanningpro's comment of being on a cruise ship(s) 9 months of the year????? Please, what's your story???

Just that he follows the sun. He, like me, travels from September to mid May, then we spend time on our respective 'home' beaches and pools. We usually start again in September with some Bermuda cruises.

This year, after that, he is doing 50+ days on Z and I am doing a b2b2b2b2b on her (somewhere between 40 and 50 days). He starts a World Cruise on HAL immediately following the Z for 108 days.:D

Ohhhh, you two are my idols. I dream of cruising that much. Packing would be another thing. I'm not easy on the suitcases. LOL

I think we should be alright, we're a CC under the carpeted chair areas, so hopefully it will work out. Just wanted some extra perks for my daugher and son in law for a first cruise. I need to show them what my addiction is all about.

Thanks everyone

Marilyn

Ohhhh, you two are my idols. I dream of cruising that much. Packing would be another thing. I'm not easy on the suitcases. LOL

I think we should be alright, we're a CC under the carpeted chair areas, so hopefully it will work out. Just wanted some extra perks for my daugher and son in law for a first cruise. I need to show them what my addiction is all about.

Thanks everyone

Marilyn

Marilyn - I'm doing the same thing for my daughter & son in law in November. They want to know why I'm always "wanting to go on a cruise" and I want to show them.

Terri

• 1 month later...

I'm back from a wonderful cruise on Mercury! I don't recommend this cabin (1135) though. It was quite noisey at all hours of the day & night. I knew it was possible ahead of time so I brought earplugs with me. I was very glad I did! I had no problems sleeping when I wore them. Other than that it was a fantastic cruise!

Terri

Thanks for the information.

1135 looks to be under the pool bar and uncarpeted.

Anyone have any experience with 1080 and 1076 right next door? They would appear to be under the carpeted seating area in the buffet.

Any information, good or bad, appreciated while we still have the opportunity to move.

Yep, my daughter has no idea why I'm obsessed with cruising and this will be her introduction to my world. They are just sooooo excited, it's really fun to listen to all their chatter about finally getting to go.

Marilyn

Thanks for the information.

1135 looks to be under the pool bar and uncarpeted.

Anyone have any experience with 1080 and 1076 right next door? They would appear to be under the carpeted seating area in the buffet.

Any information, good or bad, appreciated while we still have the opportunity to move.

Yep, my daughter has no idea why I'm obsessed with cruising and this will be her introduction to my world. They are just sooooo excited, it's really fun to listen to all their chatter about finally getting to go.

Marilyn

Marilyn - I talked to the people in 1093 & they said while they occasionally heard noise, it was slight & not a problem at all for them. I wouldn't think 1080 or 1076 would have a problem.

Terri

Archived