Circle Cruise Credit for Star Princess

Frank's girl

I guess I don’t understand why when there’s a major upheaval in the way Princess is doing business – losing a ship is no small event – people can’t understand that the cruise line is going above and beyond what they have to by offering compensation for non-refundable airfare and a discount on a future cruise. Isn’t that enough? Where do you draw the line as to what you ask for?

I hope Princess gives you your Captain’s Circle credit – given how huge this situation is, if that very small and inconsequential thing makes you happy, have at it. I just think Princess has given enough – and because they’re seen as an appendage of a cruise line conglomerate, some people think they can and should milk the situation for all they can get.

i decided to put my feet in your shoes this time, and i have found that when just observing from the outside, with nothing to gain or loose, it is much easier to be self righteous. i am far less offended now by your contradictory comments. its much more clear to understand your position that the capt circle credit is too much of a gratuity to ask of a poor struggling cruise company, and at the same time so "inconsequential" it shouldn't even make a canceled cruiser "happy" if he/she got it. perhaps if i drank a fifth of rum i would be even better able to comprehend your logic.

if you look back at my original post on this thread you will see that i was simply responding to someone who thought it would be nice if princess gave a capt circle credit to the canceled cruisers. i passed on my experience, and my conversation with an actual princess customer service rep, who not only agreed, but indicated that there was a good chance that might happen under the circumstances. i thought that would be helpful to others who may be curious about the credit issue. after that you decided to suggest that i was some disaster profiteer for making the inquiry. (in fact, all i did was call princess to ask several questions about how things would be handled, and while on the phone i thought of the capt circle credit question, so i asked). you have attempted to belittle me simply because i asked. i still don't understand what i did wrong, or why you choose to treat another poster like this. ***** perhaps i don't have enough postings to express my thoughts without being insulted. if someone could advise what number of postings is required, i would appreciate that info.*****

With all of these claims and problems, it's seems to me that there would be more than a team of 5 people working to straighten things out, especially since it's a large corporation backed by the larger corporation of their owner.
That's a little bit of the reasoning behind my comments - whoever is tasked to handle all this certainly has much bigger problems to sort out than whether or not someone should get a Circle credit for a cancelled cruise. No matter the number of people working on cases like yours, they are going to be swamped. All I'm suggesting is to let them do their work and deal with the priorities. I know I'd hate to be interrupted by minutiae if that were my job, and therefore that is why I consider it petty to worry about non-issues like CC credits.

That's a little bit of the reasoning behind my comments - whoever is tasked to handle all this certainly has much bigger problems to sort out than whether or not someone should get a Circle credit for a cancelled cruise. No matter the number of people working on cases like yours, they are going to be swamped. All I'm suggesting is to let them do their work and deal with the priorities. I know I'd hate to be interrupted by minutiae if that were my job, and therefore that is why I consider it petty to worry about non-issues like CC credits.

I'm not the one who asked for cc credits! Frankly, it wouldn't be anything I would even think of or ask for. I'd be happy with the fact that they gave me exactly the same offer as they gave someone who was in the middle of the fire.

I agree, I hope that the do deal with priorities in order of importance. Being that we were on the ship and our cabin burned, I do hope I'm a priority with them!

i decided to put my feet in your shoes this time, and i have found that when just observing from the outside, with nothing to gain or loose, it is much easier to be self righteous. i am far less offended now by your contradictory comments. its much more clear to understand your position that the capt circle credit is too much of a gratuity to ask of a poor struggling cruise company, and at the same time so "inconsequential" it shouldn't even make a canceled cruiser "happy" if he/she got it. perhaps if i drank a fifth of rum i would be even better able to comprehend your logic.

if you look back at my original post on this thread you will see that i was simply responding to someone who thought it would be nice if princess gave a capt circle credit to the canceled cruisers. i passed on my experience, and my conversation with an actual princess customer service rep, who not only agreed, but indicated that there was a good chance that might happen under the circumstances. i thought that would be helpful to others who may be curious about the credit issue. after that you decided to suggest that i was some disaster profiteer for making the inquiry. (in fact, all i did was call princess to ask several questions about how things would be handled, and while on the phone i thought of the capt circle credit question, so i asked). you have attempted to belittle me simply because i asked. i still don't understand what i did wrong, or why you choose to treat another poster like this. ***** perhaps i don't have enough postings to express my thoughts without being insulted. if someone could advise what number of postings is required, i would appreciate that info.*****

My intent wasn’t to insult, belittle you or indicate you were trying to profit from the situation. My intent was to give you my opinion about the situation of asking for more than what has already been offered – if you find that insulting, my apologies. Unfortunately, the situation you described involved you so there was no way for me to comment on it without addressing you.

I do find it a bit insulting to have it inferred that my reasoning only makes sense to those inebriated so hopefully you now feel the score is even. The comment about being self righteous could also be categorized as insulting - so you're one up on me.

I also have never indicated that Princess was a poor struggling cruise company. Some of the posts here however make Princess out to be the bad guy who is looking to take those displaced by the Star Princess fire for whatever gain they can. I believe this is false and an opposing opinion not unwarranted.

You indicate that he Princess CSR thought that you should get a Captain’s Circle credit for your missed cruise, but Captain’s Circle credits are rewarded at the end of a cruise, not when it is booked. We – and they – know what Princess has published as being offered for missed Star Princess cruises. There was no mention of Captain Circle credits.

You have plenty of posts on this board, but since there is an exchange of opinions here, I would assume you would recognize that yours might be challenged. Mine are all the time.

I'm not trying to bait anyone, I'm not. I try and reply on these messages, type a bunch and realize it's a public forum and for now I shouldn't say anything that can be used against me that I don't get repaid for my travel expenses. With all of these claims and problems, it's seems to me that there would be more than a team of 5 people working to straighten things out, especially since it's a large corporation backed by the larger corporation of their owner.

I would hope that Princess would have assessed the situation and put as many dedicated people who were trained to handle the situation as it could on it. Having worked in a call center before, I know it’s economically difficult to have extra people sitting on the sidelines waiting to be put into action when crises occur. The company has to do the best it can with what it has – sometimes that means people have to wait longer than they’d like for resolution. But to have proper staffing for an emergency on hand would increase call center costs – and guess where those costs would be passed?

I agree, I hope that the do deal with priorities in order of importance. Being that we were on the ship and our cabin burned, I do hope I'm a priority with them!

Sorry you misunderstood me, Cjskids. Your point is exactly the point I'm trying to make. People in your situation should be a priority.

Archived