Mediterranean cruise / Venice hotel

love0715

Hello

I am Terence. On May 22, 2006, My wife and I will be on Princess cruise sailing from Venice , thru Greece and Turkey and eventually to Rome Italy. We're currently looking for 2 stars hotel with private bathroom in Venice for 1 night stay . For those who have similar cruise trip, which hotel did you stay ? (Price/location?)

I would like to know how close and how easy it is to get to the port in Venice from Venice main attractions. (by walk?!) I look forward to your advice/tips.

Thanks

Terence

Terence,

You will find lots of information for your itinerary on the Europe - Ports of Call forum You might want to try posting your question there as well. It also has a search facility. Type in 'Venice Hotels' and will find lots of hotel recommendations/suggestions from other members of Cruise Critic.

Laura

When I sailed the Grand, the ship docked a block or so up from St. Marks square so you are right there from the moment you pull in. Nearly everything is in walking distance, though it's easy to get turned around, but that's part of the fun. You can take the vaporetto (sp), which is the 'bus' or private water taxi's out to places the Lido or Murano glass factory.

Don't miss the sail into Venice, it is one of the most amazing sights I've witnessed while on a cruise.

Can't help you with the hotel, but enjoy your stay in this magical city!

Hello

I am Terence. On May 22, 2006, My wife and I will be on Princess cruise sailing from Venice , thru Greece and Turkey and eventually to Rome Italy. We're currently looking for 2 stars hotel with private bathroom in Venice for 1 night stay . For those who have similar cruise trip, which hotel did you stay ? (Price/location?)

I would like to know how close and how easy it is to get to the port in Venice from Venice main attractions. (by walk?!) I look forward to your advice/tips.

Thanks

Terence

You might want to check out this thread we started last year for the same cruise you are on to get some additional information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=170473&page=21

In addition, there have been other threads for this same itinerary last year that will offer some tips.

Greg

I stayed at the Pensione Seguso (which is across the canal from San Marco Square). It's located on the Giudecca (sp?) Canal. You definitely have to take the vaporetto everywhere from the hotel. If I remember correctly, the rate included breakfast, I believe. When we made reservations we had to ask for a room with its own bathroom.

http://www.bookings.org/hotel/it/pensionesegusonenezia.html?aid=304831

I've also stayed at the Gritti Palace on the Grand Canal. It was absolutely amazing. It's more of a four star place....but nonetheless, if you're in Venice for one night...you should check it out. Brilliant!

Archived