Questions on Legend 8 day out of NY.

Jacquelyn11

You will also pass Ellis Island. That whole ride down the Hudson, from the pier down to the Bridge, takes about an hour, and is absolutely thrilling.

And I live here!

I suggest you try to be topside.

Still miss the WTC.

That I didn't make it to NYC before 9/11. My DH has been by the site, but I want to take my kids by there to help them understand just what kind of world we live in.

My DH's brother was working in the Pentagon that day. The plane hit about 4 offices down from where he was. He said the impact threw him 20 feet to the wall. He lost several friends that day. After he told his own wife and kids they were OK, he went to the school where his friends children were to help out.

As bad as Iraq and Al-Quaida are Iran and their terrorist groups pose a greater threat! :eek:

Jacquelyn :D

Cabin 7301, 9A quad balcony! WOO!HOO!

OK MrPete, another question! Which airport is closest to the port? We plan to fly up from Atlanta Sunday morning!

NOW I'll make a Roll Call!!

CHECK OUT MY NEW SIGNATURE!!!

JFK probally but then again since your going into the city you could goto newark and take the major degan in as well hrm.. im not actually sure which one is closer to manhatten, actually if you take the plane from jfk you can enter the city through queens instead of going all the way through brooklyn and you could pass mets stadium too! lol but then you gotta go all the way cross town

Are you kiddin me, The place is gorgeous I had my highschool prom there it was nuts in Times square and the view is unbeleivable, the elevators inside the building alone are amazing.. It would definitly be a place to stay at and never be forgotton definitly thinking about spending a night or 2 there with my girlfriend this summer

Maybe I'm jaded - the organization I work for holds an annual conference at the Marriott, so I've stayed at the Marriott for a week every year for the last 19 years! It is worth a visit, though. Greg, just noticed from your signature - you'll be boarding Legend the day we disembark!

Cabin 7301, 9A quad balcony! WOO!HOO!

OK MrPete, another question! Which airport is closest to the port? We plan to fly up from Atlanta Sunday morning!

Congrats!

Two closest are LaGuardia or Newark. JFK is a third option, and the furthest.

Pete's right I asked my dad cause im only driving a few years and always goto jfk because its only 30 min from my house so ive got a baised opinion on travel routes but newark or laguardia would be easier to make your way to the city from, dad even showed me on the map lol... And yes we leave on july 7th on the legend and I cant wait its eating me up inside allready.. Im actually paying off the bill tomorrow even though its not due for another week or so.

Since we did book on FLEET WEEK weekend and my DH and DS1 are big navy buffs we might try to go down and look at some of the ship. My DS would LOVE to see an aircraft carrier as he hopes to be a navy pilot someday. He is a big fan of TOP GUN too! They practice on the Battlefield 2 games, and I'm a "Battlefield Widow" :rolleyes: But I guess it could be worse!

We will most likely fly up Friday even. Sat at FLEET WEEK and SUN on the CRUISE! :)

Archived