Any aft pics of the Freedom?

The balcony of 1706 would be at a minimum 100 square feet. Possibly even larger. There is no way on earth that it is merely 65 square feet! Sellie, you need to trust me on this one! ;) If you've been talking to a Royal Caribbean rep on the other end of the phone, you need to realize they mostly have never stepped foot on a cruise ship and they get their "answers" from a stock set of questions with generalized answers regarding standard categories of cabins. :rolleyes: Those of us who have frequented these aft cabins in person are here at Cruise Critic to give you the real answers! :D Now, I have not sailed on Freedom yet (will be there in April though and in my favorite deck 10 aft/corner cabin), but I have already been in plenty of the aft cabins on Voyager-class ships which are identical to the aft cabins on Freedom and I guarantee that these balconies are HUGE!!!! The balconies are as big as the cabins! The view is spectacular. The aft hallway is so quiet. The walk to the cabin is great for keeping the weight off. Book it! Don't think twice! You will NOT regret your decision! The aft Junior Suite cabin is probably almost twice as large as the side category E2 cabin and the aft Junior Suite balcony is probably 5 times the size of the side E2 balcony! There is no contest here! Go aft!!! :)

I've lost track of how many threads I've posted this pic to...there are about 3 or four of them going on right now about this very cabin...LOL

A good 1/3 of the balcony is not showing in this pic...I forget if it was 1706 or 1704, but it is the balcony of an aft JS on deck 10 (I didn't stay in this cabin, it was a friends, and I do not have any pics of the inside of the cabin).

As you can see, there were nine of us out there, with plenty of room for more. The occupants (my friends Cindy and Troy), said it actually felt strange when they were the only two out there because it was soooooo big!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/551306641/2965664890084648988OwruWw

T

Hi Bonnie,

hi Tracy,

thanks for all your help.

We trust you and go aft.

We changed our booking today. Now we have to wait until december ... we are already so excited!!!

Thanks a lot,

Sellie

Hello! We are planning on going on "Freedom of the Seas" or "Liberty of the Seas" in September of 2007, and our ONLY question about the aft JS is the noise on deck 10, from above...is there much? Thank you all so much for your help! How about the aft JS's on deck 7 (7712 / 7714 / 7412 / 7414)?

jwattle, I've never heard any noise from the Windjammer in any of my prior deck 10 aft/corner balconies on Voyager-class ships before and don't expect to hear any on Freedom! I don't have a clue about deck 7 aft though. I am partial to deck 10! If you are asking about noise on deck 7 I wouldn't think that was a problem.

We are pretty confident about our choice to go aft for the first time next May, but figured I would ask all the "experts" :)

We are booked Liberty of the Seas aft cabin 8710. This is a corner cabin, port side. The link to the deck 8 deck plans are below. Will we like the size of the balcony and/or the view? We figure to upgrade maybe to a JS next time, but decided to start out small.

What do you guys think? Thank you. I really appreciate it!!:D

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=08&shipCode=LB&shipProfile=1225&sailDate=1070519&hasNavigation=false

• 2 weeks later...

:D Sellie, I'm confused I thought you were going to book the Aft cabin on FOS cabin #1700? That's the cabin we will be on until Dec 17th (we only plan on leaving if they can tear us out of our cabin that day LOL). We can't wait, we've had this cabin booked since the very first day they opened up the bookings. It is also our first Aft cabin and I owe it all to Bonnie- the Queen of the Aft Cabins for stering us in the correct direction.

Happy cruising to all....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Good morning! I just found this marvelous site yesterday and can't believe in all my years of cruising I never heard of it before. I spent all day reading various threads/posts and am amazed at the wealth of info on these boards. I am particularly interested in info on the aft cabins on Liberty. Until yesterday I never knew about the aft cabins being so desirable!!! Well I checked there are two deck 8 aft cabins available on the cruise I previously booked for next summer....any advice you guys can give me on which cabin to take (the corner 8710 or the one next door to it 8712) and should I change from a deck 9 D1 near the front on the ship? thanks in advance!!

Good morning! I just found this marvelous site yesterday and can't believe in all my years of cruising I never heard of it before. I spent all day reading various threads/posts and am amazed at the wealth of info on these boards. I am particularly interested in info on the aft cabins on Liberty. Until yesterday I never knew about the aft cabins being so desirable!!! Well I checked there are two deck 8 aft cabins available on the cruise I previously booked for next summer....any advice you guys can give me on which cabin to take (the corner 8710 or the one next door to it 8712) and should I change from a deck 9 D1 near the front on the ship? thanks in advance!!

I would choose the corner aft because according to the deck plans it appears as though the corner aft cabins go all the way to the end of the ship, where the inner aft cabins stop before the railing. Check out this link and see what you think.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=08&shipCode=LB&shipProfile=1225&sailDate=1070519&hasNavigation=false

I can let you know for sure because we are booked in the opposite corner aft cabin 8410 for our cruise next month!:D

We tried our first aft on the freedom this month. Deck 10 cabin 1704.

Nice cabin and big balcony. I truly hated it, had a closed in feeling and no breeze like on the side balconies. It was so humid which we are not used to so that didn't help. It was a great place to hang your clothes and they were like being pressed in a couple of hours. We looked down on other balconys even if you didn't plan to and since they were forward they just had to look up to be able to see you. Also if you are not into to walking at least a quarter of a mile every time you want to get to your room, forget it as there are no elevators towards the back of this huge ship.

We did love the ship but next time we will be by elevators in center of the ship. We also missed the activties that go on the side of the ships, pilot boats,tendering, looking at ports ect.

Lois

We tried our first aft on the freedom this month. Deck 10 cabin 1704.

Nice cabin and big balcony. I truly hated it, had a closed in feeling and no breeze like on the side balconies. It was so humid which we are not used to so that didn't help. It was a great place to hang your clothes and they were like being pressed in a couple of hours. We looked down on other balconys even if you didn't plan to and since they were forward they just had to look up to be able to see you. Also if you are not into to walking at least a quarter of a mile every time you want to get to your room, forget it as there are no elevators towards the back of this huge ship.

We did love the ship but next time we will be by elevators in center of the ship. We also missed the activties that go on the side of the ships, pilot boats,tendering, looking at ports ect.

Lois

We have that same room in March, did you happen to take any pics of the room and balcony?? I hope it will be a better experience because it is our 1st cruise, gotta keep DH interested so he will want to go again!

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
Does anyone have pictures of 8712 or any thoughts on the room? How bad is the elevator walk? FOS- Is the cabin smaller like 8710 or the same as the rest of the E1 category?

Just booked this cabin -8712- on freedom for June and would love insight from anyone that may have been in it or near it! We've always booked aft because of the larger balcony but this appears to be a normal size- true??

Thanks in advance for any info....

Archived