Cabin Choice

Hi again,

Its 1st time cruiser with more questions. I just got of the phone about booking our cruise. I need some cabin info. I was told that the balcomy room that was availabe was cabin 6082 or 6091. I think she said it was on verandah deck.On the deck plan it shows that it is by an elevator. I was concerned about that but they insured me that on HAL ships being by an elevator is not a problem. I was also told that the only oceanview rooms left were on the main deck 1071 and 1072. Being 1st timer I was wondering what would be a better choose. I have know idea were is best to be on a ship.

Thank You again for all your help

1st Time Cruiser,

Although I don't have personal experience, from what I have read the balconies for the two room you listed are visible from the elelvators - no privacy. If I am wrong I'm sure someone here will correct me. I have no idea regarding the ocean view. My first cruise was with a balcony and I don't want to cruise with anything less. That is just personal preference. There are some here who prefer the inside rooms and/or ocean view and not pay the extra for the balcony. I'm certain that somone will come along with more advice. What ever you decide you will definately have fun!

Blessings,

If you're referring to inside elevators, then, no, no noise problem.

There's no way to tell if you're next to outside elevators unless (like garydm said) we know which ship.

Your veranda is in full view of the glass elevators. The lack of privacy is a consideration for some passengers, not a problem for others.

The outside cabins are in a nice location. If there were rough seas this is a stable spot.

Your choice.

Thank you RuthC since this will be our first cruise(who knows when we can go again) I would really like privacy. I will call tomm and see if the TA can get me another balcony room. If she can't I am glad to know that the outside cabins are a good location.

Thank you again to everyone. I am getting so much great info. I will let everyone know when everything is finalized and might see some of you on the ship in Dec.

Frogs (Kim and Randy)

If I did my math right, you are going on the Dec. 16th cruise. That is the one my husband and I are planning on doing. So you are one of the many we might meet there. The friends we are hoping to go with are from Columbus.

1st time cruisers

Doug and Cheryl

Pittsburgh, Pa

Archived