Hairdryer on spirit question

Your american hair dryer is not compatible with the wiring on the Spirit. There is a dryer provided, of a lower wattage than the typical american dryer. It may take a little longer to dry, because of the lower wattage. I believe it is 500 or 600 watts, one half of yours.

I am also cruising on the Spirit....and have had mixed answers on the hairdryer issue. My TA told me that there would be no problem with a high watt hair dryer.....but then I have read several threads that have said otherwise. Dont you think that NCL would tell you that you cannot bring your own hairdryer? Wouldnt they list that in the information about the ship? I will go crazy for a week with a hair dryer that is only 500watts!

Thanks for the feedback! I don't want to blow out the power so I'll just use theirs to play on the safe side. Maurick, I noticed You said the hairdryer was in the bathroom, is that right? I was on the Dawn last year and it was next to the vanity. I wa skind of hoping there would be a dryer in the bathroom.

I noticed You said the hairdryer was in the bathroom, is that right? I was on the Dawn last year and it was next to the vanity. I wa skind of hoping there would be a dryer in the bathroom.

Yes, on the Spirit the dryer is mounted on the wall next to the mirror in the bathroom. On the Dawn and Star, the dryer is mounted next to the vanity in the main cabin.

There is only one electrical outlet in the bathroom on the Spirit and it is on the hair dryer and marked, "shaver". It has room for two equal in size prongs so any item that has one prong larger than the other will not fit into the outlet.

We just returned form the spirit yesterday. The blow dyer in the room is okay, but I found the most beautiful place on the ship....The womens locker room in the spa. It has a "real" blow dyer and the most outstanding changing area. It felt like a mini hide away to shower and get ready in there. It is on deck 12 foward in the spa. No one it there, and they don't care it you use it. LOVED it. my favorite place on the ship. Good Luck and "Pack your sense of humor" best advice I got. Julie

Archived