Star has arrived!!

bjcanady

Hello,

Frank - I have been watching your posts. Thank you for the photo updates on all of the ships. How far is the distance between the two ship yards that you are traveling between?

The Bremerhaven shipyard "Lloyd Werft" is approx. 30 miles away from my home. The "Blohm & Voss" shipyard in Hamburg is approx 120 miles away.

I'm going to Hamburg if there are really big happenings like yesterday (even if I have to leave my home at 4:15 am to get there at the right time).

I think I will go to Hamburg next Saturday to look at the "Freedom Of the Seas" if she comes out of the dock. I don't know if I have time next Monday to attend to the welcome party. The next time will be May 5th, because QM2 will arrive. One pod-engine will be dismantled and shipped to the manufacterer.

Bremerhaven is near enough to go there after work. I will do it all couple of days.

Best wishes

Frank

I have been trying to respond all morning - hopefully this will go thru this time.

Frank - thank you for sharing your photos. We do appreciate it. We don't get to see much of this over here, so it is great to see it unfold. Enjoy the next few weeks with your busy ship yards!

Tina

Hi again,

yesterday I had time again to go to Bremerhaven for taking some new photos. At the first look there are not many differences to the last ones because many things are hidden by scaffolds, but having a closer look there is much progress. Look at the photos and see by yourself. You will find th photes as usual at http://www.essorg.de/sp

I don't know if the repair is in time, because there were no articles in the newspapers. But if I hear something I will tell you. The next update I will post next Saturday.

Enjoy Frank

sp20060421.jpg.ebc3124d55b4bf5beb32c65dbd13d2be.jpg

Thanks Fran for the great pictures! you are the man. My vot goes to ou for Cruise critic member of the year.

As everyone can see from the pictuew they are not replacing cabins as modules. Lot of posts had princess just replacing cabins like lego blocks. They are in fact repairing and rebuilding each cabin in place. This is a very time consuming task. From what we can see in the picutes it appears that there is still much internal work to be done. The have replaced the balconey substructure. With about 21 days left it looks tight. Wish we could see some picture of the inside. Frank, Maybe you can get one of those blue jump suits that the workers wear and sneak some inside shots for us lololololol.

Larry

Hello Frank,

Thanks so much for posting the updated Star photos.

I am in contact with my friends on the ship getting updates, but, you know what they say "a picture is worth 1000 words"

I (we) appreciate the photo updates.

Have a great day :)

Cathy

We were on the Star in October 2005 and two cabins that 2 sets of my friends were in were burned-on Caribe Deck. It makes it seem more personal since we were actually in that area of the ship.

Thank you for the photos. It's good to know that the Star is getting back into cruising form.

Lynne

Hello again,

today I was in Bremerhaven again to have a new look to the Star Princess. It was a little bit disapointing because the damaged zone was covered by a big plastic hull. I think the hull was mounted for the painting of the ship, because the weather ist very awful (many rain and thunderstorms, not typical for this month). Have a look for yourself at http://www.essorg.de/sp to make your own mind. The next update will be next Friday.

Frank

sp20060429.jpg.f696e793b1ca65cef892bb32671751ea.jpg

Frank,

I don't see any new photos....I only see through April 21st... any ideas??

Hi cruzegirl,

I just looked at the pictures and all is OK. Maybe the old table is in the cache of your browser or the cache of your internet-provider. Please click on the reload-button of your browser. Somtimes it helps to click the button more than once.

Hope this tip will help.

Frank

Archived