Sailing to Bermuda 05/07/06 - have some questions

PattiHere

We just booked the 05/07/06 cruise on the Norwegian Crown from Philly - this will be our first time in Bermuda.

I read about the vouchers for lunch or dinner, and that we have a choice of about twenty restaurants - has anyone used them. Do you recommend purchasing them? If yes, could you recommend if it is better to buy lunch or dinner vouchers and if some restaurants are better than others. We have no idea which restaurants we should eat at.

I know I had another question, but my mind has gone blank.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me regarding eating in Bermuda - we will go to St. George's, Hamilton and King's Wharf. Any other suggestions you may be able to give us regarding our cruise and visit to Bermuda will be greatly appreciated. My DH and I are in our sixties, fairly active. Thank you again!

We have cruised 7 times to Bermuda on the Norwegian Majesty. The vouchers are a great value. We have always used it for lunch. Some places make you choose from a limited menu. We used it several times at Hog Penny Pub in Hamilton. We like to go into Hamilton to shop so that works out well. Have also used it for lunch at Frog and Onion at the Dockyard. We are going to Bermuda again on May 28. We plan to upgrade to voucher this time to dinner and eat at the Carriage House. We will be docked in St George the whole time so can just walk here. Any questions you have there are lots of great people here to help you.

The vouchers are a great deal. We use them for dinner because it's so expensive to dine at a nice restaurant in Bermuda. I would definitely recommend the Carriage House in St. Georges if you'd like a nice dinner out. We'll be going there again in June and I suspect I'll order the same thing again (Seafood Delight); it was soooo good! Check out the website below. Also, there is no dress code that requires ties or jackets for men, but you do need to follow the same dress code that you would in the main dining rooms onboard the ship.

http://www.bermuda.com/carriage/

We always have lunch at the Frog and Onion Pub so I can recommend that also. However, I think if you use the vouchers there, it might be a select menu that you can choose from rather than the full menu. Not true with the Carriage House.

I'm sure you'll be happy with any of your choices.

Thank you for your replies and suggestions - we are going to try the restaurants you recommended since we will be in each of those ports. Is there anything else we should know about our cruise to Bermuda - anything we shouldn't miss. Thank you again for your help!

cruisersandr...I was at the restaurant in mid-August. There was definitely lobster in the Seafood Delight but I have no idea what kind. I think the fish in it was rockfish.

We did make reservations...just stopped in that afternoon around lunch and made them for the evening. It seems like they're getting more popular so you might even make your reservation before you leave for Bermuda. There's an email address on the website. I might actually try that myself just to be safe.

Pattihere...if you can hitch a bus over...have a pitcher of rum swizzles at the Swizzle Inn....mmmmm

Archived