Pet Boarding Facilities In Miami

GBRBEB

Hello, I have seen and read many comments on the board regarding what many people do with there pets when they cruise but couldn't find anything with regards to specific recommendations re boarding facililties near the Miami area.

We will sailing on Freedom the Seas at the end of August. We will be driving down from New Jersey with stops along the route. We always take our wonderful Keeshond of our driving vacations (there are plenty of hotels that take pets) and I was thinking about taking her with us an boarding in Miami for the week we are gone. Ive been trolling the internet and I know that there are a lot of risks in using something that is almost site unseen. So I was wondering if any one could recommend a cageless pet boarding facility in the Miami area ?

We might just keep her home for the 14 days and have our dog walker come in about 4 times a day but she is very people oriented and Im afraid she might be adversly affected by being alone for most of the time. Plus since we have the ability to bring her on part of our vacation we would love to do that...anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on this...

Thanks....

Hi....I live in Ft Lauderdale..but we have a great book called florida pet pages..all sorts of animal biz, holistic animal biz, doggie day care, pet spas, dog massage, clothes and more

http://www.floridapetpages.com/

http://www.floridapetpages.com/CAT.asp?Edition=miami

you could look there, call and ask them for reccomendations, they will probably send you a copy

south florida is filled with really cool "pet" places....

we have doggie day cares here, spas, dog limos, cool pet stores and "bakeries" and I think this is one area of the country where your dog could truly have a nice time...we are a vacation spot after all <grin>

good luck>>

Archived