Stock Holder Credit

Gusti

For now, you must BOOK your future cruise before May to receive the credit, not take the cruise by the end of April. There is a Board meeting in May that will decide the fate of keeping shipboard credits on cruises booked AFTER May 1 ... I am sure RCI will have a press release if the news is positive sometime in May.

If you look at the RCL chart you will see that this stock is on a roller coaster ride. Between higher oil prices, price cutting in the industry,rising interest rates, recent bad P.R. on crusing (fires at sea, illness, mystery deaths etc) . The dividend is only 15 cents. Depending on how many shares you need to buy vs. the discount, I can find dozens of better stocks or funds to buy with returns high enough to better any discount.

http://www.smartmoney.com/eqsnaps/index.cfm?story=charting&symbol=RCL

If you look at the RCL chart you will see that this stock is on a roller coaster ride. Between higher oil prices, price cutting in the industry,rising interest rates, recent bad P.R. on crusing (fires at sea, illness, mystery deaths etc) . The dividend is only 15 cents. Depending on how many shares you need to buy vs. the discount, I can find dozens of better stocks or funds to buy with returns high enough to better any discount.

http://www.smartmoney.com/eqsnaps/index.cfm?story=charting&symbol=RCL

It isn't a discount it is a shipboard credit and the amount varies according to the length of your cruise. The dividend is really immaterial and probably not out of line with the dividends of other similarly priced stocks. Stock prices can be volatile but of late the RCI stock has pretty much settled in around the low to mid $40 range.

We only paid $24. a share and have gone on at least two cruises a year. that gives us a total of $400 a year tax free. that and the dividend pretty much makes us owning the stock for nothing. I don't think it was a bad deal.Pat

Archived