Qm2 Captains?

JWB.ESQ

Eslo,

Warner was a captain at Princess and has now switched over to Cunard.

Cruiserking

He hasn't switched over, so much as been transferred over in the continuing, and in my view, misguided effort to Princessify Cunard Line. Shame that the powers that by - Micky, where are you??? - don't realise that they have a jewel in Cunard Line. Build on that, rather than trying to clone it off as yet another ordinary cruise line, like Princess.

QM2 a jewel????? The maiden voyage was an absolute disaster and from what I keep reading, things haven't improved all that much. If you read the very first review of the QM2, I am the Bill part of Bill and Linda. Just returned from a seven day cruise on the Oosterdam to Mexico and before that, two cruises on Celebrity's Vista class ships. The Oosterdam is a beautiful ship and user friendly if you stay away from the Lido. The Sky Suites on Celebrity are wonderful.

Bernard Warner was the captain on the Golden Princess when we sailed on her in the Med in 2004. He did a really interesting interview with the cruise director in the theatre one afternoon and we learnt a huge amount amount about his life at sea. We have since sailed on the QM2, but, to be honest, prefer Princess - that's just my opinion of course, mainly because I love the freestyle dining. Even so, we were really pleased to hear of Captain Warner's promotion and wish him well on the QM2.

Archived