Shuttle service from Miami to Port?

philsdabom

I have never been on a cruise before and I had a question about ground transportation to/from the airport to the port.

Is it worth spending the money to take the Carnival shuttle from Miami airport to the port where the ship is located? Or is it better to just take a cab?

What about on the return trip from the port to the airport?

I'd take a cab from the airport to the pier. Don't recall the price difference, but on the shuttle......you're sitting on the bus for awhile until the other flights come in and the bus is full. When you arrive at the port....your among the throngs of others who've just arrived. Just hop in a cab and hopefully you can beat a lot of people there and not have to stand in line as long.

From the pier to the airport.....I'd just take the Carnival shuttle. You can buy a one way ticket at the purser's desk.

I learned the hard way. We got in around 10am and Carnival had us sitting around in the airport till 11:30. The shuttle staff is disorganized and incompetent; they directed a group of about 15 of us to stand at one location and then forgot about us. If I hadn’t grabbed a supervisor we would have been there even longer. By the time they got us to port the line was over an hour long. Finally boarded the ship around 2:45 – 3:00.

Archived