Photos: 1st Ship Docking at Int Pier, 4/4/06

felixdacat

As my wife promised, here is a photo gallery of pictures I shot aboard the Jewel of the Seas as it became the first ship to dock in Cozumel since the hurricane.

There are captions for each picture that explains some of what you're looking at.

It was a wonderful experience. You could feel the pride from the workers on the pier (who kept on with the repairs throughout the day), and especially from the Jewel's crew, because RCI made this happen. There also was joy on shore, from the venders to the restaurants, and even from the car rental workers.

We will be in Cozumel the end of the month. Will Mariner of the Seas be able to dock at the new pier on Fri. Ap. 28? What determines which ship gets to dock?

Thanks

Cruiser J in WV:)

We will be in Cozumel the end of the month. Will Mariner of the Seas be able to dock at the new pier on Fri. Ap. 28? What determines which ship gets to dock?

Thanks

Cruiser J in WV:)

Not 100% sure but I read that since RCI built the pier, it's the largest RCI or Celebrity ship that arrives first that day!

Mar

Archived