Formal nights on Sun

howsthis

It's up to you. Some people don't really dress up at all. Doesn't matter how you go you won't look out of place. as their is a mix of everything. I love formal nights. I wear floor length dresses with wraps and Diamonte jewellry. I also have a black cocktail dress. Lots of girls get their hair done in the salon.

Short hair is $33 and long hair is $50 (from?). I had a wash and blowave and it was $33 for short. Friend had long hair which was straightened, and half of it knotted up for $50. In '04 I had my long hair put up in a french roll and it was $50.

Make sure you book early for formal nights as they fill up quickly. Formal nights are usually the second and second last night.

Just how 'formal' should we dress, ladies that is? Heels, stockings etc......

On our cruise we had 2 formal nights.Almost everyone went to some effort to dress up and look nice.

I wore my nice cocktail dresses. I also wore heels, and stockings.I love heels, I wear them most of the time anyway.

I didn't get my hair done professionally, I just wore my hair out and did my own hair with my hair waver.

On formal nights, you can have professional formal photos taken. Also during dinner time on formal nights, the photographers come around to tables and take photos.

On the first formal night they take individual ones, and on the 2nd formal night they take partner/ group shots.

Cheers, girl05

On our cruise we had 2 formal nights.Almost everyone went to some effort to dress up and look nice.

I wore my nice cocktail dresses. I also wore heels, and stockings.I love heels, I wear them most of the time anyway.

I didn't get my hair done professionally, I just wore my hair out and did my own hair with my hair waver.

On formal nights, you can have professional formal photos taken. Also during dinner time on formal nights, the photographers come around to tables and take photos.

On the first formal night they take individual ones, and on the 2nd formal night they take partner/ group shots.

Cheers, girl05

We will be on the 'Star', but I presume it will be the same....does this mean we won't get a professional 'family' shot unless we attend the second formal night as well? We are only planning on attending the first formal night at this stage.

Cheers

We will be on the 'Star', but I presume it will be the same....does this mean we won't get a professional 'family' shot unless we attend the second formal night as well? We are only planning on attending the first formal night at this stage.

Cheers

On Pacific Star it's the same arrangements. On both formal nights portraits will be taken outside either the Starlight Lounge (Deck 8) or the Pacific Show Lounge (Deck 7) prior to both dinner sittings - choose the best background of the 4 that will be available. In addtion, on the first formal night they'll take individual shots at the tables inside the restaurant and on the second formal night they'll take family/group shots at the tables inside the restaurant. You'll be able to get family portraits taken OUTSIDE the restaurant on either formal night - but if you want a family shot at the table inside the restaurant you'll have to go to the second formal dinner.

Kym

• 1 month later...
On a 10 night cruise, when are the formal nights generally held? Are they normally on nights when you're at Sea?

Formal nights are held on the 2nd night & the 2nd last night.

Karen

Archived