Production Shows - Repeat?

Maddle

My DH is concerned that if we go on a another ship of a line we have been on in the last year or so, the production shows from one ship (say the Mariner of the Seas,) would rotate on to another comparably sized ship, (such as the Navigator of the Seas) and we would see the same shows. Same thing for Princess ships - if we were on the Grand Ship, and then went on the Carribean Princess 14 or 15 months later, what is the chance of seeing the same production show?

I didn't think it was very likely - he seems to think it is a great risk, (although he hardly remembers the shows anyway, so what of it?) I know that they design new sets and productions, and hire new cast members, so how would they have the same show?

Has anyone encountered repeats?

Thanks -

Maddle

:D I've seen the same production shows many times. My most recent cruises have been on Carnival ships, and I know they run the same shows for five years. There's great cost involved in changing them, so they have a long run.

For instance, on the Holiday, I've seen the exact same shows four times! However, I enjoy them immensely, regardless. The cast and lead singers change, but it's the same show.:)

HAL is the same way - same production shows on all the ships at the same time - and they do run them for several years - at least 5 years that I know of.

So your chances of seeing the same production shows are great.

Although you might get lucky and hit when the 5 year stink is up and see a new one.

HAL is the same way - same production shows on all the ships at the same time -

You misunderstood me. Carnival ships all have 'different' production shows, but each SHIP has the same ones five years running. (For instance, I was most recently on the Paradise, and the shows were different from those on the Holiday.)

Yes...but...my question is, do they take a show from one ship and move it over to another?

I understand if I keep going on the same ship, I might see the same production show for as long as it takes for them to rotate out. So, if HAL keeps their shows for five years, and I go on the Zuiderdam, and return to the Zuiderdam, I will see the same show. Or if I go on the Elation three times, etc.

If I go on the Mariner of the Seas in September, and the following September I go on the Navigator of the Seas (or any pair of ships from any other line) what is the likely hood that a show I saw last September will be done on the new-to-me ship?

The sense I got from the Princess staff was that they come up with entirely new shows and rotate them out about every eight months. DH seems to think that the line would rotate the show from one ship to another.

Thanks - Maddle

Archived